Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Recap + Menu Plan Monday

Hi Friends! I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with family, food, rest and lots of gratitude. We were pleased to host Thanksgiving this year and my parents drove all the way from NY to celebrate with us. My brother and his family weren't able to attend from AL because my sweet sis-in-law is due any.day with baby #4. We are anxious for his arrival! 

We had a blast entertaining my folks for the week and since we are not seeing them for Christmas, we just rolled the two holidays into one and celebrated Christmas on Thanksgiving morning. 

Here are some pictures from our fun time.

I wanted to leave all of my Thanksgiving decorations up since we were hosting, so on "Christmas" morning, I rummaged around in our storage room until I found one of our little tomato cage trees with lights. We plugged it in and it felt just a tad bit merrier! :)






William loved helping everyone open their gifts ;)

We decided to do Thanksgiving dinner around 5 PM, so my mom and I spent the entire day in the kitchen cooking (it was so much fun to cook with her again!). Our menu consisted of: Turkey, Dressing (my mom's recipe and some Stove Top especially for Nathan), Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Crock Pot Mac and Cheese, Green Bean Casserole, and Yeast Rolls. For dessert, we baked up several different cookies and nibbled on those until we passed out at 8 PM (I wish I was kidding). 

On Saturday morning, my parents packed the car and headed home and our hearts were left feeling so full and thankful. 



This week, we're keeping things pretty simple and trying as hard as we can to get creative with turkey leftovers so that we can clean out our fridge. 

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday - Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup (using this recipe) 

Tuesday - Turkey Pot Pie {new recipe}
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Cereal, Fruit 
  • (lunch) - Leftover Soup, Crackers, Grapes

Wednesday - Baked Potato Bar {using this Crock Pot Method that we love!}
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Fruit
  • (lunch) - Leftover Pot Pie, Fruit

Thursday - Taco Night!
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Banana Muffins {just turning my regular banana bread recipe into muffins}, oatmeal with applesauce 
  • (lunch) - Peanut Butter and Jelly, Steamed Broccoli, Peaches

Friday - Leftovers
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Sweet Potato Muffins, Fruit
  • (lunch) - Turkey, Cheese, Crackers, and Apples



2 comments:

  1. What a cool tree.
    It's going to be wicked cold in Vegas. low 40s during the day...low 30s at night That always puts me in the mood for comfort foods.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you had such a great time with your parents! What a treat that they could visit -- was this the first time they have seen your house?

    (ps - love that you pulled out the tree!!!)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel