Monday, December 9, 2013

Decking the Halls

If you've been following this blog for a while, then you're no stranger to one of my very favorite Christmas traditions - cutting down a live Christmas tree every year. (In case you're curious bored, here's 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012). 

Every year in New York, we went to the same Christmas tree farm with my parents, so when we moved to TN we knew we had to find somewhere local (with the same "amenities" as our beloved farm in NY). Nathan did the researching and discovered a hidden gem - Rhonda and Chris' Treeland in Watertown, Tennessee

I wish I could replay the scenic drive to their home for you because it was just so picturesque. We passed lots of farms, beautiful antebellum style homes, a roaring creek and two waterfalls (one of which we actually had to drive through in order to get to Rhonda and Chris' home). And speaking of their home - it's a cozy log cabin with a tin roof that's nestled in the frosty hills of middle Tennessee. Once there, we were greeted by Chris himself who welcomed us with hot chocolate, hot cider, cookies and directed us to the cozy bonfire where guests could roast marshmallows (all included in the price to chop your tree!). Did I mention they also have wagons for the little ones to ride in?! It exceeded all of our expectations and is definitely going to be the annual spot we visit yearly as part of our family tradition. 









William had a blast riding in the wagon and watching his Daddy cut down our Christmas tree, and Nathan and I both felt like we left with a big dose of Christmas spirit. I am so thankful for family traditions...they really just jump-start the holiday season for me and put my mind where it needs to be. Thankfulness that God gave mankind the greatest gift ever in the form of Jesus. Thankfulness for my two blessings (Nathan and William), who I often look at and realize I don't deserve. Thankfulness for the holidays that stir in us a desire to be extra mindful of others. 

I just love this time of year. :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! All you are missing is the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! We used to do this as a kid and it is still something I remember fondly.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel