Monday, October 14, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


Hi Friends! After a week of no cooking because of our anniversary get-away, we're happy to be back at home and into the swing of things. Can you believe it's still warm enough here in TN to fire up the grill?!? I'll admit, I do dearly miss the beautiful fall colors of Upstate NY right now, but I miss them less when I'm walking outside in shorts and flip flops in the middle of October! :) I was born to be a southern girl! 

Here's what we're chowing down on this week:

Monday - Grilled Chicken (our new favorite go-to marinade is a mixture of pineapple juice and low-sodium soy sauce. I plop everything into a Ziploc bag and leave it in the fridge for 2 1/2 - 3 hours before Nathan grills it to perfection. It's delicious!), Pasta, Salads
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Pancakes with Nutella (his new favorite), fruit
  • (lunch) - PB&J, strawberries

Tuesday - Baked Potato Bar (we love making these in our Crock Pot via this method from Finding Joy in My Kitchen)
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Scrambled Eggs, Turkey Sausage, Whole Wheat Toast
  • (lunch) - Roasted Red Pepper and Veggie Quesadilla (this was something I whipped up in a flash this weekend and William gobbled it right up!), Fruit

Wednesday - Out for dinner

Thursday - Taco Night!
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - French Toast Sticks {freezer}, fruit
  • (lunch) - Baked Potato, Meatballs, Fruit

  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Omellette, Fruit
  • (lunch) -  Turkey, Cheese, Fruit

Saturday - Leftovers!
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Pancakes with Nutella, Fruit
  • (lunch) - Leftover Chicken Soup

Sunday - Meatloaf, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Cereal, Fruit
  • (lunch) - (He'll have meatloaf with us)

This post is linked to: I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday


3 comments:

  1. I am amazed that you little boy will eat so many different foods. Good for you for introducing those foods into his diet. So many children are picky eaters. I think it goes back to parents limiting a childs choice by not eating well themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That marinade sounds yummy and so easy. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel