Monday, September 2, 2013

Weekend Recap + Menu Plan Monday

The window that looks out from our breakfast nook happens to be a great spot for wildlife watching. Every morning it's such a treat to look out and discover what new creatures are enjoying our land as much as we are! :) 

We have seen deer back there several times before, but never this close and never this still. 


And this creepy crawler was feeling right at home on our patio...


We also have two groundhogs who have inhabited the barn...those are not as beloved. But they are pretty cute when their chubby little bodies scamper away and tuck themselves underneath the barn door. 

Aside from creature watching, I did take this weekend to do something very productive and relaxing. I started sewing William some fabric alphabet magnets for the fridge...


I'll be back later this week with the details as I'm not quite finished yet (this is a super easy project, but it's quite tedious so it is taking me longer than I thought!). 

We're looking forward to some time this week with Nathan - last week was a busy week for him at work and we sometimes didn't see him for 24 hours! This means our menu plan was more of a guide, and some meals didn't get made. When it's just me and William, I find easier is better because wrangling a toddler while cooking dinner is just plain hard. 

Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday -Penne w/ Chicken Thighs {new; rollover from last week}, Side Salads

Tuesday - Cheesesteak Sandwiches, French Fries, Fruit

Wednesday - Grilled Ham Steak (rollover from last week), Veggies, Mac and Cheese

Thursday - Leftovers
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Pancakes, Fruit
  • (lunch) - Gnocchi, roasted sweet potato (freezer), apples

Friday - Out to eat w/ friends
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Banana Blueberry Muffins (freezer), Scrambled Eggs
  • (lunch) - "Mac and Cheese" (I just cook up some star-shaped pasta and add in some grated Parmesan and Cheedar), steamed broccoli, fruit 

Saturday - Spicy Sausage Pasta {new}, salad
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Toast sticks with cream cheese, Fruit
  • (lunch) - PB&J, Fruit, Cottage Cheese 

This post is linked to: I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at the deer.
    It's been very humid this weekend, in Vegas. Yuck. I'm just going to stay in, watch some QVC and catch up on housework.
    Everything sounds so delicious.
    I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have a banana spider too! Hubby went into the back yard last week to get the hose and guess what made his home over that corner of the house? Course he didn't notice it until he was about two inches from it, then I heard the hollers from the yard thinking he was injured, and the dancing to go along. Hahaha!!! Your pictures of William remind me of Zack when he is standing up to the table on his tippy toes, I think he may be a ballet dancer in his later years. Now that the holidays are pretty much over and school is in full swing, my menu planning is starting to kick in more. Except tonight. Just got back from Chattanooga and I think I left all my motivation there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy week! Lovely spider... but the deer are much more fun.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel