Thursday, September 12, 2013

Morning Busyness


In an effort to slow down and notice more, I've been trying to be intentional and document some of the normal bits and pieces of my day as a SAHM. Taking more photos of the everyday-this-is-not-that-glamorous-but-it's-real-life moments that make up memories, laughs, cries, tantrums, play, and learning. 

This was one of those moments...


Lately, William is fascinated with the items in our bedroom. He loves "hiding" in our closet, playing with daddy's belt (mostly just chewing on it and tossing it around the room), digging through our dresser drawers, and playing "night night" on the bed. 

Just look at this look he is giving me right here..."Yep, mom, you caught me. This is only the beginning." ;)


He flails the clothes from the bottom drawer (which is my designated drawer, by the way) into a huge heap on the floor. 


Like a tornado spinning at high speed, I blink, and he's emptied a drawer, licked the toilet, spilled his sippy cup, strewn his toys, ripped a book in half...basically destroyed a room or rooms in the house. 


Sparing nothing in his path. 


I should note, I don't mind him doing these things because he does know we clean up afterwards and he's very compliant about the cleaning. Life with a busy, busy boy is never dull!

No sooner than we have our mess cleaned up on the floor, and William wants to get on the bed to play "night night." He lays down, rolls over, crawls back and forth, peeks through the slats on our headboard...it's the best form of entertainment in our morning routine. 



Shhh! He's going "night night" here...with his eyes open and the most adorable grin. My heart!


Bottom's up!



Oooo...the ceiling fan!


Then he discovers something bright over on Daddy's side...the alarm clock!


Commence meltdown when the words "no" are uttered from his mama's mouth ;)


Crawling meltdown...


Testing me one more time to see if I'll give in and give him the much requested clock. (For the record: I didn't budge. Mom=1, William=0)


But as quickly as the tears came, away they went when he spotted his reflection in the mirror. Here he is pointing and saying something along the lines of "bayayayabababa"

And about 30 minutes later, he's tired of the fun in our room and wants to move on to his next victim room. ;)

It is nonstop, action-packed, energy-filled with this little guy from the moment his toes hit the floor in the morning. And he's not even walking yet. I'm in for it!

 

2 comments:

  1. Awwww…. William and Henry would have such fun together. If only we could find a safe, padded room with a lot of toys. Then the moms could sit outside sipping lemonade and chatting. ;)

    Those boys are so much fun, right? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, little cute tornado! Your tales about him are very entertaining. He reminds of me of my nephew chewing on daddy's belt and wreaking havoc on the closet. Life is never dull when you have a little cutie at home. Take care, always! =) Logan @ FocusOnKidsPeds.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel