Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Toddler "Apple Pie"

You may remember when I shared our Homemade Baby Oatmeal Cereal when William first started eating solids. His palate has come a long way since those early days, but we still have a few boxes of Gerber oatmeal on hand that we never used up. We got them for convenience sake and unfortunately that was around the same time William started to prefer finger foods, so they've just been sitting in our pantry since then. 

You know I hate wasting food, so in an effort to polish them off before the expiration date rolls around, I concocted a little sweet treat for my boy. I tossed a couple of ingredients into a bowl, plopped it into the microwave and the result was something that smelled just like apple pie, so I've dubbed this Toddler Apple Pie! :) And it just so happens to be William's new favorite thing to eat.

If you have a little someone in your family who loves fruit, then try this out and see what they think!


Toddler Apple Pie

  • 1/4 c. baby oatmeal 
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce 
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla flavoring 
  • dash of cinnamon 

  1. Mix together oatmeal and applesauce in a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave and cook for 10 seconds. 
  2. Add in vanilla and cinnamon. Stir to combine. 
The great thing about this treat is that it's nice and thick so if your todder is spoon-feeding him/herself then this is a perfect time for them to try out their skills!




I got a huge gummy grin and arm flails as my Thank-You this particular night. 
I'll take it! ;)




2 comments:

  1. Your little boy is absolutely adorable! I love the toddler menu. I am a grandmother so it helps me figure out what to feed my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I think I'd even like oatmeal with applesauce and cinnamon :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel