Monday, August 5, 2013

Menu Plan Monday + Toddler Menu Plan


This weekend, I went on a massive treasure hunt in our house in search of a few beloved items that were seemingly swallowed by our moving boxes. What? You thought we were done unpacking? Hardly. Anyways, it was a joyous but sad weekend as I discovered Nathan's tripod, William's bookshelves, our kitchen rug, AND discovered that my Crock Pot's stoneware had been cracked during the move - this was post dinner when barbecue sauce leaked through the stoneware and was burning inside. Boo. Luckily, I was able to clean out the burnt sauce and order a new stoneware (which ended up costing about as much as a new Crock Pot, but we won't go there). 

Hopefully my new replacement part will be here this week because I've got a delicious Crock Pot dinner planned for Wednesday that I cannot wait to make! 

Here's what we're having this week, along with William's lunch and dinner menu as well:

Monday - Meatball Subs, Fruit
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Raisin Bran with Yogurt
  • (lunch) - Roasted Carrots, Peanut Butter and Jelly

Tuesday - Grilled Shrimp Salads
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - French Toast Sticks, Fruit
  • (lunch) - Turkey Meatballs, Cheese, Strawberries

  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Turkey Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Blueberries  
  • (lunch) - Brown Rice, Veggie Sticks, Fruit

Thursday - Leftovers
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - blueberry pancake mini muffins, yogurt
  • (lunch) - Leftover Stew, "Apple Pie" (it's a new recipe I tried for him last week and he LOVED it! I'll share it soon.)


Saturday - Skinny Hawaiian Pizza Pasta, Salad
  • William's menu: (b'fast) - Toast sticks, fruit, yogurt
  • (lunch) - Tuna Sandwich, Cheese, Fruit

This post is linked to: I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday


4 comments:

  1. I replaced our crockpot a few months ago. It looked like it was about to crack and it seemed we never could get it completely clean either so I just bought a new one on Amazon. The tricky part was making sure it had the snap on lid for travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother in law has the snap on lid, and I love that idea! Ours does not, but I don't really travel with it that often so it's OK. I will definitely invest in the snap on lid next time though! I really love the digital feature ours has - I can set the time and walk away!

      Delete
  2. Yummy! I am a chronic crock pot breaker. Mostly for me it's the lid. But, I keep them because I'm a hoarder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I had 2 Crock Pot inserts in our basement before we moved and I finally got brave enough to throw them out (they were broken). I don't know why I kept them so long? Maybe I thought I'd need a cracked stoneware down the road? ;)

      Delete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel