Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Easy Garlic Roasted Potatoes

Nothing says 'summer' to me quite like a good roasted red potato. We've been having them a lot this season paired with fresh corn on the cob and some sort of braised/grilled/roasted meat. 

Our usual go-to roasted red potato recipe packs a lot of punch but one night I was short on the Ranch seasoning and decided to keep it simple with some Kosher Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and good ole' Garlic Powder. We were surprised how tasty they turned out, so I decided I'd share it with you in case you need a quick, easy, end-of-summer side dish.

Easy Garlic Roasted Potatoes - inspired by The Girl Who Ate Everything


  • Red potatoes, quartered (I think this was about 2 lbs)
  • 3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp Garlic Powder (depending on how 'garlicky' you want them)
  • Kosher Salt (I just use a good shake of the box)
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, add your washed, quartered red potatoes 
  3. drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil in bowl
  4. Add Garlic Powder
  5. Add Kosher Salt
  6. Stir to combine or use your hands to toss them until they are evenly coated.
  7. Grab a large cookie sheet and spray with nonstick spray (I've also used my Silpat for this, and they turn out good but the skins don't get as crsipy, so you could also do that if you like less-crispy potatoes)
  8. Place potatoes on cookie sheet and spread them out onto a single layer.
  9. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. looks delicious! I bet you could grill these too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Love garlic anything and these look great.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel