Saturday, June 15, 2013

First Father's Day

Nathan has to work on Father's Day (boo!), so we celebrated one day early (yea!). There's nothing I love more than an excuse to give/receive gifts before the actual holiday. It may seem superficial, but my love language is gifts - I just love giving and receiving them! And the more meaningful/useful, the better!

That's why when William suggested we make a candy card for Nathan I was totally on board. Candy happens to be my man's favorite food group, and I just knew he'd love it. 

(I can't take credit for this creativity...I found the idea on Pinterest, and just used Nathan's favorite candy as inspiration)


In case you can't see it, it says:

Dad, this Father's Day I was going to give you 100 GRAND, but I Fished around for a more meaningful gift. You're the best POP hands down! You love me when I'm SOUR, you know what makes me LAFF and SNICKER...my LIFE just wouldn't be PEACHIE without you! From the top of my HEAD, to the toes of my feet...I LOVE YOU! - William

We also surprised him with a few other candies in a gift bag - some cotton candy, Sugar Babies, more Air Heads and a favorite of ours that I'll count my lucky stars Nathan will let me share with him - Twix. It just doesn't get much better than a Twix. You know?

On a more serious note, Nathan does happen to be a wonderful dad to William and I'm so thankful for him this Father's Day. One of my favorite things about him is that he is so in tune with mine and William's day together at home. He always asks how William has done for me that day, how he has napped for me, what fun things we've done, etc. And if it has been an especially long day for me (and sometimes even if it hasn't), when Nathan gets home from working all day, he drops it all, and takes over...he'll play with William, feed him dinner, and do his bedtime routine. He's the most hands-on dad I know and I love that about him!


And William thinks he's pretty rad too! ;)



3 comments:

  1. Cute idea! William is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, when did William become a teenager? He is so stinkin' cute!

    And what an adorable gift that William came up with. What a crafty and creative fellow.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel