Sunday, June 2, 2013

11 months


I'm a bit sad these monthly photos are coming to a close soon. I can't believe my sweet boy will be 1 year old in just a few short weeks! 

The above photo was taken in my inlaws backyard this past weekend. We've gotten so busy lately that I had forgotten to take William's monthly photo. That's the state of our lives right now - busyness. And these next few weeks are no exception as we get ready to pack again and move again. And somehow try to figure out how to celebrate an anniversary, a little fella's birthday, and my sweet man's birthday all in there squished in between unpacking and settling into our new place. 

But this isn't supposed to be a dump of my To-Do list here! I did have a story about the photo above...

So we took the photo in the backyard. I did the uploading and the editing and got it all nice and pretty and then told Nathan to "come! look at the new monthly photo! it's so cute!" To which he replied, "William looks like a one-armed baby in that photo." Insert momentary silence here. To which I replied, "Are you serious? That's the photo I used on his birthday party invitation too." 

Marvelous. 

So, to all of our family and friends who receive an invitation and wonder, "Did something happen to William's arm?" No. No it did not. Other than a weird camera angle and a (very) fidgety little boy who refuses to sit still for more than 5 seconds. His right arm is still very much intact. 

Other fun tidbits from this month...
  • Mimicking is in full swing! If you make a sound, you can bet William will try his darnedest to replicate it. 
  • He's throwing everything, and although he's been doing this for a while the act of throwing doesn't seem to lose it's appeal one bit. Such is the life of a mom to a boy, I guess.
  • He's obsessed with bathrooms, specifically toilets. And I never thought I'd utter the words "No-No, Don't put your mouth on the toilet William." 
  • We traveled quite a bit during this month with two trips to Alabama to visit relatives. I'm so happy William was able to spend some time with my grandparents, and my brother's family.
  • This month we also introduced him to the splash pad. A local park down in Birmingham had one and then we also took him to one in TN. He LOVED it!
  • He finally took milk from a sippy cup today for the first time! Weaning progress = success.
Happy 11 months my boy. You keep changing more and more with each passing week and it's been so fun to see your little personality emerge. I love getting to know you!


1 comment:

  1. Sigh. Henry still doesn't like milk in the sippy cup. My child will be taking a bottle until he's a teenager.

    Love this picture! Even if William is one-armed. ;) (I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel