Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Long-Awaited Baby Dedication


Hello from the sunny south, friends! 

We are finally unpacked and settled in at our new (transitional) home in TN. We'll be staying with Nathan's mom and dad until we can find a new place to permanently call home. (Prayers for that would be most welcome!) 

I finally found our card reader in a box today, so I thought I'd share some photos of the latest happenings.

Let's rewind a few weeks prior to the move! Nathan's parents graciously drove to NY to help us move, so it presented a very rare opportunity for both sets of parents to be in the same state at once. We decided it would be a good time for us to (finally) have a baby dedication for William. My dad offered to host it at his church, and I am so happy that both sets of families were able to be there with us. 

Here are a few photos from the day:




I'm not really sure why William had a giant red splotch on his face that day - maybe all the attention was a little overwhelming ;)

After that Sunday, things kicked into high gear for our big move. I have to be honest, I was totally sweating it - spending 13 hours in a car with a 9-month-old mobile baby is not my idea of a grand time. But, William surprised us all by being the perfect little angel baby. He slept like a champ in the car seat on day 1 of our travels, so I knew day 2 wouldn't be as easy. But he proved me wrong again! He seriously didn't even fuss! Praise the Lord for safe (and sane!) travels. ;)



2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh out loud when I read this - are the prayers for finding the new home or needed because you're staying with the in-laws? HA

    Just kidding - love, your mother-in-law (We are glad to have you here!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got everyone in one place for the dedication! Glad your move went well and I will be praying you find the perfect new home!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel