Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sweet Potato Mini Muffins

Surprise! It's a recipe post!

I haven't done one of these in quite a while. Suffice it to say that when there's a crawling babe getting into everything while you're cooking, the first thing that crosses my mind is not "Oh, I should grab the camera and take some pretty photos of this recipe first!" 

But these were too easy and too yummy not to share. William even liked them, which is saying a lot because he's not too crazy about sweet potatoes anymore. Maybe because a few months back I scored them for super cheap and fed them to him for a month. 

But because we're trying to eat down our deep freezer in preparation for the big move, I needed to use up some of his purees and this was the perfect way to do that! 


Sweet Potato Muffins- adapted from Taste of Home
*yield: 24 mini muffins

  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. cold mashed sweet potatoes (no butter, no milk - just the potatoes!)
  • 1/2 c. vegetable oil (you could also do canola here, or applesauce, etc. to make it a bit healthier!)
In a measuring cup, add baking powder and salt to the bottom. Then fill the rest of your measuring cup with flour until you reach 1 Cup total. (You could also just use 1 cup of self-rising flour, but I substituted with AP). 

Pour the flour mixture into a small bowl, and add cinnamon. Stir to combine.

In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, sweet potato and oil. 

Combine your wet ingredients to your dry slowly mixing until moist.


Fill your mini muffin tin and cook in a 375-degree oven for about 12 minutes (I did 10 and that wasn't enough, so I added 5 minutes more but took them out early, so I'd say 12-14 minutes would just about do it!).


Enjoy!!




3 comments:

  1. These look scrumptious! I love sweet potatoes, but never made muffins with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome and I'm so excited that they are sweet potato :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel