Monday, March 4, 2013

Menu Plan Monday + Latest News


Hi Friends! 

It really was not my intention to neglect this space. I have missed it, and I've also missed reading some of your fabulous blogs as well. However, last week, the awful (I mean, awful) norovirus decided to pay a visit to our home and it was relentless. William came down with it first earlier in the week, then me, and then Nathan so I spent the majority of the week tending to them and being tended by them. 

By Thursday we could finally see straight but we were all still very puny. And Friday we were all back to normal. I never, ever, ever, want to go through that again as long as I live. At one very low point during the week, I was laying on the floor next to William as he played (because of course babies are somehow still up for playing when they're sick), and I finally couldn't take it anymore. I looked at him and said, "Alright. It's nap time." Which it certainly was not time for, but mama deemed it, and so it was. 

In other news that's not as disgusting, and actually quite exciting. This weekend we did this (!!!!)



Pardon my 5th grade cropping capabilities. Call me paranoid, but we didn't want to put the actual information on the blog. I love you all, and I'm sure none of you are crazy and would look up our address and come and knock on our door, but we're just gonna play it safe anyway. 

That's right. Our house is officially for sale! This explains my lack of posts and vague comments about something going on over here. Oh, and it also explains the 1098234987 projects we've had to do in the past month. 

To say we're a bit nervous/excited/sentimental/sad/happy about it all would be an understatement. This house has been our home for four years and we've put some major love, time, money and elbow grease into it. But, we're also really homesick. And frankly we're tired of our family members enjoying warmer weather down south and then rubbing it in our faces. ;) (kidding. sort of.) We're hoping and praying that God will send us the perfect buyer for our home so that we can relocate down south and be closer to our families. We'd covet your prayers for us during this exciting time!

Oh, and don't think I'm going to leave you hangin' on all the details about our projects. There are posts and photos to come soon! Including a big post on how we finally reached the decision to hire a realtor instead of going the FSBO route.

Oh and I would be remiss not insert a shameless plug here - if you or someone you know is looking to relocate to the Upstate NY area, then send me an email and I'll get you in touch with our sweet realtor! ;)

Now that we're all caught up, let's talk about food! You know, since I can finally stomach the mere thought of it.

Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday - Grilled Ham Steak with Veggies

Tuesday- Chicken and Asparagus Penne with Garlic Bread and Salad

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Crock Pot Lemon Herby Chicken with Veggies and Mashed Potatoes 

Friday- Simple Supper (either tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, or deli subs)

Saturday- Cheesy Ham and Pasta Bake (using leftover ham from earlier in the week)

This post is linked to:
I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday



4 comments:

  1. How exciting for you, Rachel! We definitely should get together before your big move. I can completely understand your homesick feelings (I only lived 6 hours away from my family and was thrilled to move back home) and pray that God blesses you with a quick sale and a smooth move!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are beyond excited that you will be closer! We are praying for a quick sale and for blessings as you make this transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're over that virus. Major dislike.

    I'm excited for you guys and are also praying for a quick sale and transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting about the move! I don't blame you for going warmer. You have such a darling little place. Glad you are over the illness too.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel