Another month has gone whizzing by, and I can't believe how much has happened since last month! Baby boy is now officially crawling, babbling up a storm, and just being overall adorable.
You may notice our "monthly photos" are changing in their look. That's because one little fella' refuses to lay on his back and cooperate, so we've resorted to sitting in the dining room on our plush blanket. ;) I have a feeling as the months continue on, these photos will get more and more difficult to capture!
Some other fun tidbits from this month:
- For weeks we had been trying to get William to crawl towards some of his favorite toys, but he would always scoot backwards instead of forwards. Finally one day, I put a measuring spoon on the floor and he crawled right for it! And since then, he crawls towards the most random objects - house slippers, wallet chains, a pile of laundry I'm trying to fold, etc. It is so funny to see what piques his interests lately.
- This week has been a HUGE developmental week for him. He's starting to babble all sorts of new sounds, and will imitate just about any sound we make. It has thrown a wrench into his day sleep a few times this week (his sleep always gets wonky when he learns something new), so that's been interesting, but also very exciting because his little brain is learning so many new things.
- One of my favorite things that he does now is get SO EXCITED when Nathan comes home from work. Every day when I hear the garage door open, I say "I hear Da Da!" and then Nathan walks in the door and William just lights up and starts squealing and kicking his legs. It's the cutest thing ever.
- We took William swimming for the first time at our local pool and it was a huge hit! He would have nothing to do with the baby pool, but was so very interested and excited about daddy swimming with him in the vortex pool. #absareoverrated
- I'm also happy to see him "warming up" more to strangers now. Around 7-8 months, we went through some separation anxiety and he only wanted me or Nathan. Now he's so excited to babble and smile at strangers. He especially loves women with blonde hair. (I'll have to keep an eye on this!) ;)
- We're involved in a great local mom's group (one of the major things I'll miss when we move!), and there's about 50 of us mothers who have babies who were all born in 2012. Recently, one of the mom's hosted a sensory fun day and William had a blast discovering what it felt like to squish Jello in his hands for the first time. His hands were stained red for a few hours afterwards, and I even had to wash his sheets when he woke up from nap because they were red too. :)
Overall, this has been my most favorite time as a parent. (I know. I know. I say that about every month!) But seriously, it just keeps getting better...and better. And more rewarding. He is such a joy to parent, and I have no idea where he gets his cool-as-a-cucumber demeanor, but it is one of my most favorite things about him. My content little guy. He makes this mama thing a very easy (and fun!) job.
We love you, sweet boy!