Monday, February 25, 2013

Menu Plan Monday

I'm forewarning you....I'm typing this post on our teeny computer because our office is currently disheveled from a weekend of painting. Pardon me if there are typos. 

That's right. There was painting! My absence last week wasn't due to my sitting around, watching Say Yes To The Dress reruns while eating Bon-Bons. (Although that does sound like a lovely way to waste time.) It feels like we haven't done a house project in quite a while...8 months to be exact. Having a baby makes those sorts of things difficult. In fact I may or may not have (very honestly) said these words to Nathan this weekend: "Sometimes I wish I could give the baby to someone for just a few hours so that I could get things done around here." ;) Future William, if you're reading this - I love you dearly. xoxo Your Mama

Moving on. The latest exciting stuff happening over here is this!







We started introducing some finger foods to Mr. Independent. He has basically gotten bored with purées and has become fascinated with the stuff we're eating. One night I tried steaming some veggies and just plopping them on his tray. He loved squishing them in his fingers, but none of them actually made it to his mouth.

Then we tried cheese tortellini. He scarfed it down. Then I tried giving him half of my banana...he was only slightly interested. Then we tried the above - toast with cream cheese. At first he played around, but then things got serious. He showed that toast who was boss, and he was quite upset and confused when dinner time was over and another piece didn't magically appear on his tray. So the verdict? Apparently William loves carbs! Who can blame him? :)

I'm actually a bit sad to see the purées go. It was much easier, quicker and wayyyy less messy. But I also don't like the idea of spoon feeding him until he's 8 years old, so I guess we're moving in the right direction.

Speaking of food. Here's what the big kids are eating this week! William will probably be filling up on bread, pasta and potatoes. ;)

MONDAY - Chili Cheese Dogs

TUESDAY - Tacos

WEDNESDAY - breakfast for dinner! Nathan has requested pancakes, so pancakes we shall have!

THURSDAY - leftovers

FRIDAY - Meatball Subs

SATURDAY - Egg Salad Sandwiches

This post is linked to:
I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday










4 comments:

  1. What a big boy! Next he will be wanting steak! Love that sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's big enough for food already! Wasn't he just born? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear him on the carbs! They're awesome! :) And how cute is he feeding himself?!? :) That's awesome that you guys were able to get some painting done last weekend, can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog through a recipe on Pinterest. Just tried to Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings last night. Very Easy! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel