Monday, February 11, 2013

Menu Plan Monday




Happy Monday, friends! I hope you enjoyed a nice, relaxing weekend with your sweet ones. 

We braced ourselves on Friday for Winter Storm Nemo, and it did not disappoint! 

Being a southern girl, I never knew there were different "types" of snow. Down south, we only knew of one type - it was white and cold and the mere threat of it made people do crazy things like run for the grocery store and cancel school.  But now that I've lived in NY for seven years (!!!), one comes to be an expert in snow types. There's the icy stuff that no one likes, and there's the rain/snow that's just a little odd. But then there's the magical stuff - it's heavy, wet and perfect for sledding, snowman building, skiing, and weighing down Evergreens. Nemo brought the good stuff - and over a foot of it!

Here are some pictures that my man took on Sunday (two days after the storm!).



This is a photo of our deck to give you an idea how what one foot
 of magical snow looks like ;)

To say I was excited about the snow would be a huge understatement. It was our first big one this winter, and last year we didn't even get a big snow fall. It was way overdue! 

This fella' however, is over it and ready for warmer weather. 


What? You know I can't update the blog without at least one photo of William. Grandparents would be emailing and texting in a frenzy. ;)

Where were we? Ah! Yes! Menu Planning Monday! 

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday  - Snow Cream {new}

Tuesday - Snow Cream (leftovers)

...I kid, I kid...

No case of the Monday's here! ;)

Here's our real menu plan:
Monday - Leftovers (our fridge needs a'cleanin)

Tuesday - Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot (I'm also making homemade broth!)

Wednesday- Chicken Salad with the leftover chicken...I'm thinking of trying this recipe

Thursday - Spicy Sausage Pasta {new}

Friday - Easy Dinner - Chili Cheese Hot Dogs

This post is linked to:


5 comments:

  1. I was just thinking as I sat down at the computer this morning, I need a new picture of William. Thanks for posting one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the snow pictures and those brilliant blue skies
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the snow pictures! Being a Pennsylvania girl who lives in Virginia now, sometimes I miss big snows like this. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go girl with the homemade broth!!! Love the snow cream idea in principle, but I think I know too much biology to want to eat snow.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, we got snow a few weeks ago and it shut everything down! lol! Your snow looks so much more awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel