Friday, January 18, 2013

Hello There...

Hi Friends!

I didn't mean to fall off the blogosphere, but I somehow managed to completely neglect it before, during, and after our big vacation.

Let's just say packing for a 10-day trip takes a whole lot longer when you have a 6-month old. And of course, for the past 48 hours we've been in our pajamas recovering from our fun-filled trip. We are exhausted, but in a good way. :)

We left last week for our big trip - first heading to Nashville to visit Nathan's family, and then heading to Birmingham to visit my family. William did better than I ever dreamed on the plane ride (I'll be back with tips for traveling with a baby, if you're into that sorta thing). 

Of course, once we got to Nashville our little sleeping boy turned into party animal and didn't sleep through the night once while we were there. I got a good reminder of what those newborn days were like. I don't plan on going back there anytime soon. He was in a good mood throughout the day though, so I am thankful no meltdowns were had. 

We had a wonderful time hanging out with Nathan's family, and introducing William to new people. Specifically, my grandmother who had yet to meet our sweet boy. It was such a treat to see the two of them interact. Every time my Granny held him, he reached for her face and rubbed it. She does have the softest skin I've ever known, so I don't blame him one bit. ;)

Here are some pictures from our fun!






We're back now with full hearts, loads of new toys for baby boy, and a new found addiction to Draw Something. ;) 


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a good vacation. I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the man holding William? They look like twins in that picture!
    So glad he traveled well for y'all. I can't wait to read more about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. Well-deserved. And I loe the story about him touching your grandmother's face. Adorable. He's looking more and more like his wonderful momma.
    And I'll be anxiously reading your traveling with baby tips. We are flying with Henry in February and I can use all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel