Monday, December 10, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Eating Down the Pantry Challenge!




I saw on Erin's blog last week that her family was cleaning out their pantry and she made meals around things they already had on hand. As I stared into my (overflowing) pantry this week, I decided that for the month of December that's what we'll do! I'm sure by the end of the month I'll be really struggling to be creative with our meals, but I'm actually excited about this 'challenge.' 

I'm horrible about making a grocery list and then getting back home only to find some of those exact things I just bought shoved in the back of the pantry. We have a plethora of canned tomatoes, Ro-Tel, beans and frozen veggies that I know will help me stretch our meals! Of course, we'll go grocery shopping for the basics - milk, eggs, bread - but I'm really hoping that will be it. 

Here's what we're chowing down on this week from our pantry:

Monday - (Leftover) Spinach Ravioli Lasagna 

Tuesday - Monterrey Chicken w/ Rice

Wednesday - Super Simple Sloppy Joe's (roll over from last week)

Thursday - Soup (Tomato and/or Chicken Noodle) with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Hawaiian Jerk Chicken with Rice (using up some marinade in the fridge!)

Sunday - Skillet Dinner - I admit we are one of those family's that does buy boxed dinners for the occasional 'easy' meal. Don't judge me. ;)

This post is linked to:
I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday
Erin Branscom - Menu Monday: What's for Dinner?


2 comments:

  1. We need to eat down the stuff in our pantry too. I'm hoping to figure that out over Christmas break when I reorganize the pantry. I can no longer stand it! We do the box/freezer stuff too. Sometimes you need easy options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I could never try this in December, too much other stress! I have learned to keep my pantry and fridge organized and take inventory religiously and only shop 1-2 times a week, saves a TON of time and money! Good luck, I bet you'll invent all kinds of new recipes!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel