Monday, November 19, 2012

Menu Plan Monday



Our favorite dinner last week by far was the new recipe we tried for Cheesy Vegetable Chowder.



It was such a delicious comfort dish during our chilly NY nights! 

I was tempted to take the suggestions from other readers on Melissa's blog and make this in the Crock Pot, but I had 1 lb. of good cheese set aside just for this soup and I did not want to see good cheese wasted. I trusted my gut (literally) and followed Melissa's instructions step by step. I'm so glad I did! It was a hit!

This week, we're keeping things a little simpler due to the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Monday - Hearty Potato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Tuesday - Burgers from the Grill with French Fries

Wednesday - Smothered Enchiladas w/ Mexican Rice (roll over from last week)

Thursday - Thanksgiving! (We're eating with my parents, but I'm taking dessert. I'm contemplating this, this, or this. Decisions, Decisions!)

Friday - Thanksgiving leftovers

Saturday - If we still have some turkey left over, I'll probably whip up a batch of Turkey Noodle Soup using this easy recipe; subbing the chicken for turkey of course.

This post is linked to:
I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday




1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful blog! :) I have a menu Monday link up if you want to link up every week. Have a great week! Erin

    http://erinbrans.com/2012/11/menu-monday-whats-for-dinner-2.html

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel