Tuesday, November 20, 2012

5 Months


Baby Boy, I cannot believe we're celebrating your 5th month!! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home and living sleep deprived. Don't get me wrong - I don't wish for those nights again - but I do think time is going by way. too. fast. 

Other tidbits from this month...
  • We saw William reach some major developmental milestones this month! From giggling, to being wayyy more verbal, to grasping things with both hands and shoving them in his mouth asfastashecan and much much more! 
  • He doesn't show the slightest interest in rolling over, but he does enjoy grabbing our hands and "pulling" himself up. He acts like he wants to sit up SO badly! And when he's sitting (with assistance), he'll often grab our hands and want to pull up more. He's "standing" (with assistance) so good that I'm afraid he might decide he wants to skip crawling and go straight for walking. (Yikes!)
  • During months 3.5-4, we saw some great improvement with William's naps. Now he's back to his 45-minute napping self and I can't for the life of me figure him out! He is finally and consistently sleeping 11 hours at night though, so I won't complain about his lack of naps because I know they'll consolidate soon enough. Here's hoping!
    • Oh, and please don't take that comment as me bragging about his night time sleep. It felt like a long time coming for us to get to that point so I'm elated and very proud of him for finally reaching that major milestone! Now if the boy could just figure out how to nap! ;)
  • We started solids at 4 months with Oatmeal Cereal and William loved it! Now we're moving on to vegetables and I can't wait to start making more of his food.
  • Some of his favorite things right now are: playing in the exersaucer, playing with his toes, shoving his hands, toys, bibs, and anyone else's hands into his own mouth, drooling and blowing spit bubbles, squeaking (he does this very weird squeak/squeal noise while sticking out his tongue), and sitting in the Bumbo seat. 
Happy Five Months, sweet boy! You bring so much joy to our house and we love you through and through.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! William looks so sweet! I'm glad that he's sleeping through the night for you guys. :) That is good! Can't believe he's 5 months already!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel