Monday, October 8, 2012

Pesto Shrimp with Couscous

This was one of those quick-fix dinners that I made one night while Nathan was working. He's not a fan of seafood, so I used this opportunity to make myself some shrimp. Then I decided to get crazy and add some Basil Pesto and Couscous to the mix. And top it all off with some Parmesan Cheese.

It was really easy to throw together, so I was almost tempted to not even post it. But it was yummy, so I decided I had to share! This would be great as a side dish, or as a main course. My ratios below are for 1 serving, so you'll need to double or triple if you're feeding more. 

Enjoy this one. I sure did!

Pesto Shrimp with Couscous - The Atwoods

  • 1/3 c. Couscous prepared according to package directions (I made this with the Near East brand)
  • 10-12 shrimp (peeled, deveined and with tails removed...if that's your sorta thing)
  • 1 tsp. Basil Pesto (I made this with the Classico brand)
  • 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
  • Parmesan Cheese
  1. Prepare your Couscous according to package directions. 
  2. Meanwhile, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil into a saute pan and add 1/2 tsp. minced garlic. Let the garlic and oil sweat, and then add your shrimp.
  3. Cook shrimp until almost done, and reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto, and allow to heat through until the shrimp are fully cooked. 
  4. Place cooked couscous in a bowl, top with pesto shrimp, and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. 
  5. Enjoy!

(You could also add in some veggies to this dish and I think that would make it especially hearty and even more delicious!)



1 comment:

  1. I could totally do this with veggies instead of shrimp! This sounds delicious - I looooove pesto sauce :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel