It was really easy to throw together, so I was almost tempted to not even post it. But it was yummy, so I decided I had to share! This would be great as a side dish, or as a main course. My ratios below are for 1 serving, so you'll need to double or triple if you're feeding more.
Enjoy this one. I sure did!
Pesto Shrimp with Couscous - The Atwoods
- 1/3 c. Couscous prepared according to package directions (I made this with the Near East brand)
- 10-12 shrimp (peeled, deveined and with tails removed...if that's your sorta thing)
- 1 tsp. Basil Pesto (I made this with the Classico brand)
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare your Couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil into a saute pan and add 1/2 tsp. minced garlic. Let the garlic and oil sweat, and then add your shrimp.
- Cook shrimp until almost done, and reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto, and allow to heat through until the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Place cooked couscous in a bowl, top with pesto shrimp, and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
(You could also add in some veggies to this dish and I think that would make it especially hearty and even more delicious!)