Sunday, October 7, 2012

Menu Plan Monday



I don't know why, but life lately has felt...time warped. The days seem long and the weeks fly by. Does that make sense? No? Great. ;)

I can't believe we're creeping up on four months of life with our sweet baby boy, but at the same time it seems like he's been a part of our family forever. Of course, the way my hair is falling out these days is a constant reminder that it really hasn't been that long ago. (Just one of the many perks of postpartum.)

One of the things that helps life seem less crazy is having some sort of routine for me and the babe. Since I've been staying at home, I've been able to be more proactive about our menu plan and go grocery shopping weekly. I used to go twice a month, but I've found that I spend less, waste less, and have more fun if I go weekly. 

And yes, grocery shopping is fun to me. I go every week by myself while Nathan watches William. It's my "alone time" and I looooove it!! :) Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets so excited about their weekly grocery shopping trips??

Lots of new recipes this week!

Monday Tuna Melts {new, lighter recipe!}

Tuesday Sausage and Pepperoni Calzones (rollover from last week)

Wednesday Leftovers

Thursday Slow Cooker Bacon & Apple Chicken {new} with Roasted Potatoes

Friday Pepperoni Pizza Burgers {new}

Saturday Cheesy Vegetable Chowder {new}

Sunday Steak from the grill, veggies

This post is linked to:
I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday


7 comments:

  1. That soup sounds delicious! And it could very easily be made vegetarian. :) I'm going to have to try that one soon (after I eat the soup in my fridge, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you love grocery shopping too! I LOVE it! And everyone thinks I'm crazy to love it so much. I leave the girls with Daniel so it's my alone time as well. I still go every 2 weeks. I would love to go every week but I would buy more than I need and more than our budget allows. I do go get milk and fresh produce when needed but no "big" stuff.
    Your menu looks tasty, as it always does.
    And you're not alone in feeling like the days are long but the weeks fly by. I say that all the time! When things get fussy around here I try and remember that. Tomorrow my girls will be one day older than they are today. I don't want to miss a moment or complain another second because time flies!!! My baby will be one next month! I still feel like I just had her.
    Keep taking your prenatals too. They help with the hair loss a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! We will have to try the apple bacon chicken, considering the bacon crazy people in my house. Your comment about loosing your hair made me laugh. We have a family joke, because there always seems to be a strand found in supper, no matter how many ponytails I have in. So who ever finds it says "I just got some extra love from mom". And Zack loves to take "some extra love" with him in his little bitty fist to the babysitter every day. Ah, the return of baby fine, no body, and very flat hair. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! I'll have to remember that when Nathan gets disgusted by all the hair next time...."Just leaving you some extra love, honey!!" ;)

      Delete
  4. your menu plan sounds great! I too love grocery shopping, unfortunately I don't get to go by myself often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE calzones - I pinned your original post with the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! I hope you enjoy them! We tried something a little different last night when we made them....we brushed the tops with egg before baking them (it was a trick I saw on Pioneer Woman's website). It made them especially yummy! Golden brown, but still chewy...loved it!

      Delete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel