Monday, October 29, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


There was only one night last week where I totally botched dinner, so I'd say it was a good week! :) I was attempting homemade Chicken and Dumplings, and the only chicken broth I had on hand was some homemade frozen broth. Normally this isn't a problem, but I forgot that it was the broth from our Orange Rosemary Chicken. Just in case you were wondering, Chicken and Dumplings with a hint of orange are not tasty

I did save myself by making two delicious recipes that are making it into our "keep" file - the yummy and tender Honey Lime Chicken (SO GOOD!), and the Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken

This week, we're keeping it a bit simpler with a few less new recipes and some old standby favorites! 

Monday Easy Shrimp Scampi 

Tuesday Queso Taco Pasta Bake (from the freezer)

Wednesday Chili 

Thursday Grilled Steak with Brown Rice and Veggies

Friday Leftovers

Saturday Grilled Hamburgers with French Fries and Fruit

This post is linked to:
I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday


6 comments:

  1. Rachel, my Silas (3 1/2) was sitting on my lap when I clicked on your menu plan and he saw your family picture at the top and said, "Who is that cute baby?" LOL Great menu too, I pinned that Queso Pasta Bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The honey sesame recipe has gotta go on our plan. Ha. Like we have a plan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout-out for the honey lime chicken! I get ridiculously excited when people try and then share my recipes and you totally just made my day! Thanks, Melissa j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding me, Melissa! We LOVED your recipe. It's our new favorite marinade. And I love that I usually have all the ingredients right on hand!

      Delete
  4. I'm visiting from Organized Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday today.
    My faithful waffle maker of 16 years died last night! It was a wedding gift so I think that's why my husband and I are upset. Now it's time to shop for another one that will last another 16 years!
    Looks like there’s going to be some amazing meals this week. I've had my cooking mistakes too. A recent one was reusing oil that I made spicy fried chicken to make fry bread. Yikes!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has some "uh-oh" kitchen moments! ;)

      Delete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel