Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This Man...




...puts up with a lot, and I want to give him some credit today.

I have never relied on Nathan more than I have during the past ten weeks. 

During my hospital stay after William's birth, Nathan was by my side all four days. Because I had a c-section, the first two days were rough. He helped me go to the bathroom, helped me take my first steps post-op, was there when I cried my eyes out with the Lactation Consultants because William wouldn't latch, and even looked at my scar when I was scared to death to see it and told me, "It really doesn't look that bad, honey!"

Once home, he did all of the cooking and cleaning for the first several weeks. He also sat by my side during grueling nursing sessions, and got up in the middle of the night to rock our crying babe back to sleep.

Now that William is two months old, Nathan's help continues...
He oftentimes gets up in the middle of the night to give William his bottle. He puts William to nap. He soothes him. He plays with him. He prays for him. He helps with the laundry. 
He still makes passes at me...even when he gets home and I haven't showered all day, don't have a stitch of makeup on, and the house looks like a bomb went off inside. 
He leaves me love notes. He gives me breaks from the baby. He troubleshoots problems with me, and helps me find solutions. He's put up with a fair amount of post-pregnancy hormones. He calls throughout the day to check in and see how things are going. 

And at the end of each day, I go to bed knowing that he loves me and William more than anything in the world. 

Thank you, my man, for loving us. For being the leader of our home. For being our provider, protector, and my best friend. I love you. I love you. I love you.








6 comments:

  1. Awesome. So glad God has blessed you both in one another :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post - a good man is a great blessing. I know I have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I got a little choked up reading it. It's so nice to see couples like you two that work so well together. :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you found such a wonderful man!! You deserve nothing but the best my dear. And I know he counts himself blessed as well to have YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...I have a feeling my husband will still be making passes like that as well even though I certainly won't look like anyone should be making passes at me. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel