Monday, September 24, 2012

Menu Plan Monday





Oh. My. Word. Y'all. We have had quite the weekend over here at Casa de Atwood. All of the sudden, baby boy has developed a huge distaste for napping. He doesn't want anything to do with a pacifier. Oh, and did I mention that he also hates us coming into the room to soothe him? If we make our presence known, he goes even more ballistic. Oh, and the icing on the cake....he doesn't find the baby swing relaxing and calming anymore. It's just another place for him to cry in...or coo in...and not sleep. 

There has been SO much crying going on as we try and teach him the valuable and very important lesson of self-soothing. And I'm not just talking about William - mama has shed her share of tears!  If I knew going in and rocking him to sleep, or patting him, or picking him up would do any good...my goodness I'd be in there rocking, patting and picking him up as often as I could! But this boy wants nothing to do with any of that.

Could someone please tell me when my baby boy grew up and all of the sudden developed a personality?!? And a stubborn one at that! No one warned me that the three-month stage was when babies learn how to sleep at night, but not during the day. Suffice it to say that my days have been spent doing as many things as possible to keep him as content as possible. 

Surprisingly, he still manages to smile after running on very little sleep. That's one thing he does not get from his mama. ;)

Here's what I'm (hopefully) cooking this week...your prayers and unused ear plugs are needed as we make it through another one!



Wednesday Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups with Garlic Breadsticks

Thursday Roast Nachos (if there is still some roast leftover from earlier in the week); if not this will be an easy night of soup and sandwiches. :)

Friday Pineapple Jerk Chicken with Veggies {new}

Saturday Leftovers!

Sunday Eat @ the Apple Festival

*I'm also going to try my hand at making these Make-Ahead McMuffins. We love a warm breakfast on cool(er) days, so I'm hoping these will freeze nicely and be a hearty breakfast for us during the week.

This post is linked to:









11 comments:

  1. Oh how I know what you are going through. Zack did the same thing for awhile about that age. Who knew they started having temper tantrums so young?!?!! Needless to say, it was his teeth starting to do their thing. He has two little sharp ones to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy - It's funny you should say that! I did notice this week that he's drooling a lot more and likes to "chew" on soft blankets/rags (still won't take the paci!). Other than that, he hasn't really shown any teething signs. Is 3 months too early for that?!?

      Delete
    2. I would say it isn't too early. My pedi, when the girls were little, told me that their teeth go up and down a lot before they break through. True or not, I don't know, but makes sense to me. Zack has been drooling since about 2-3 months, HEAVILY!! Anything and everything he can get in his mouth is in there; shirts, blankets, toys, mom's hair, anything. I did find a teething blanket with teething corners and animals with teething paws. Right now he likes daddy's leather belt. He also started eating rice cereal and stage 1 fruit at 3 months and I added just a little rice cereal to his bottles in between to thicken it up (because he has horrible reflux) and that helped his crankiness A LOT!! He evidently has his daddy's appetite and needs more than the "recommended". :)

      Delete
  2. Please tell me how the chicken alfredo roll-ups turn out! D loves chicken alfredo and was drooling over the picture when I showed it to him on Pinterest!
    I hope William learns to rest during the day. I know that helps your sanity! If he's teething find Hylands Teething Tablets. I've found them at Kroger, Target and Babies R Us and they are the BEST! Baby Orajel makes some too but they don't dissolve as easy. I hope he finds his thumb or a finger soon to help self-soothe. Hang in there Mama!!!
    And yes, the taco's are super delicious! They taste very similar to what you get out of a package but with WAY more flavors. I doubled the recipe last Monday (why not, right?!) and froze the remaining and we're having the other batch tonight. Even Ny liked them and she's picky. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious, Ginny! I'll post them on the blog this week...I did a few things different to the recipe. The alfredo sauce is out of this world!

      Delete
  3. Roast is an absolute favorite in our house - can't wait to try this recipe! I'll be thinking of you, hope Mr. William will get tired of not napping soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, raising kids is constantly a new surprise! Enjoy!
    I'm always interested in some new recipes to add to my Recipe File Box. That's why I love MPM!
    Looks like there's going to be lots of yummy meals eaten this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by from MPM! We love visitors :)

      Delete
  5. Have you changed anything about William's feeding schedule? He might be ready for a little bit of cereal in the morning. Just a little...my kids always were ready for cereal by the 4th month. They still nursed, but the cereal helped them feel full. He may be ready for it, but consult your pediatrician first.
    Good Luck! I think it's just another "phase" as things always change with babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz - we haven't changed a thing! We did switch formulas last week and went through a couple of days with him being irritable because of that, but he's been having these napping issues for quite some time now (prob. since around 9 weeks!). I asked the pedi about adding cereal to his bottle but she said she usually doesn't start that until after 4 months.

      Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  6. bummer my friend... praying for you! Enjoy the crockpot meals -- that will help with your time (you can catch some extra zzzzs rather than cook meals!).

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel