Monday, September 10, 2012

Menu Plan Monday




Last week, Nathan had several days off in a row and we got to enjoy some much needed family time.

William kicked off the family fun weekend by surprising us and sleeping an 8.5 hour stretch at night for the very first time! Of course, the next night his stretch was 7.5 hours...the next night was 6.5 hours...and last night, was...you guessed it...5.5 hours. I'd be willing to pay someone if they could figure out why he's regressing. We were definitely getting used to the longer stretches! 

In an attempt to find some optimism is all of this, I am telling myself that his progress (albeit very short lived) is something to be proud of - at least we know he's capable of sleeping 8.5 hours at 2 months old. Now whether he chooses to do so again is entirely up to him, but doggonit he can do it! And every. single. night. that I tuck him in, you better believe I remind him of his capabilities. 

Phrases like..."William, wouldn't it feel so good to sleep 12 hours tonight?"..."We've had such a hard day, wouldn't it feel nice to sleep a long, long time tonight?"...are becoming part of our bedtime routine. :)

Here's hoping those longer stretches weren't just flukes, and are soon to become a norm around here!

Monday - Shrimp and Garlic Pasta

Tuesday - Chicken Philly Cheese Sandwiches (a roll over from last week)


Wednesday - Monterey Chicken (a roll over from last week that we didn't get to try)

Thursday - Cheeseburger Subs (a new recipe requested by Nathan)

Friday - Burgers from the grill

This post is linked to:
I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday



7 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you have gotten more sleep! I'm visiting from Org Junkie! Thanks for posting your menu plan. I'm going to look around a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay William!! (clap, clap, clap) I love it when Zack sleeps that long, momma needs it!! I have been eyeing this Monterey Chicken you have posted. I will have to try because my family is bacon crazy. I am trying the Cajun Chicken Pasta tonight that you had on your Friday Finds a couple of weeks ago. Oh yeah, I found you from Org Junkie a long time ago, but then you and I were pregnant at the same time, so I always checked back to see how you were doing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy, I'm so glad you've continued to follow along! :)

      How are things going with your LO?? :)

      Delete
    2. Zackary Mason was born on March 28. He is great! :) So much different than girls!! It is a big change when your "youngest" is 11 and then you have a baby, a boy no less (he has 4 older sisters). He just cut his first two bottom teeth last weekend. I made the Cajun Chicken Past last night (BIG HIT) so he just tried his first bits of plain pasta. He gummed it forever. But loving every minute of it. :) I'll keep following, someday I will get my blog back up, but right now I just don't have the time. I need an extra 24 hours in a day. Is that too much to ask?

      Delete
    3. Oh Missy how fun! I can't believe by Christmastime William will be eating solids...so crazy how quickly they grow! But of course I'm sure you already know that with four others in your house! I'm sure his sisters are enjoying playing with him! :)

      Delete
  3. That Monterey chicken looks amazing. I'm drooling over here. And I'm so happy William slept so long for you. I'm not sure why he's regressing but hell be back to 8, 9, even 10 hours soon. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a yummy week :) And, love the Monterrey Chicken -- can't wait to see what you guys think about it. If you love it, then I know we will :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel