Thursday, September 20, 2012

3 Months



I cannot believe our baby boy is three months old! He is changing so much right before our eyes - now I realize why everyone says to enjoy each phase, because it goes by so quickly. They weren't lying!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the newborn tiny baby phase...especially all the wonderful long naps during the day and all the cuddling William liked to do. But, I am falling so in love with this 3-month phase! William loves to play now, and it's especially fun to make him smile and laugh. Oh, and he's also sleeping more at night which is a huge bonus! (Let's hope he keeps that up!) 

Some other tidbits I don't want to forget about this month...

  • We went in for a doctor's appointment last week and William now weighs a whopping 12.4 pounds! 
  • Now that we're on some medicine for his reflux and we've switched to a gentler formula, William's tummy issues seem to be much better (praise the Lord!)
  • He's fitting into all of his 0-3 month clothes, and can officially wear jeans now! :) Up until this month, he's been rocking onesies and sweatpants a lot, so I'm really excited to put him in some cute clothes. 
  • He loves...wait, let me emphasize this a little more...LOVES Nathan! I know he loves me too, but he gets especially smiley and giggly when his daddy is around. And yes, my heart melts like butter every. single. time. I see them together. 
  • Baby boy used to be so good about napping on the go. I could put him in the car seat and we could be gone for hours and he would just nap the whole time. Now? He's so curious about everything that he often stays awake the whole time we're out...he just stares around at everything and refuses to nap. Thankfully, most days he's still pretty content (although we do have the occasional meltdown because he gets overtired and cranky). 
  • We've recently started putting William in the church nursery on Sunday's. It's such a nice break for Nathan and me to enjoy the service and know he's being well taken care of. William does great for the nursery workers (or at least that's what they tell me), and he's already won over several of the ladies! :)
Our sweet William - please don't ever lose that magnetic smile of yours! We love watching you light up when we come into the room to play with you. You bring so much joy to our lives and it's a pleasure being your mama. Happy 3 months, sweet boy!





3 comments:

  1. awwww!!! yea for William's 3rd month! Love these updates... I'm guessing mom is starting to feel back to her "old" self too? Hope so. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is he 3 months old already?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't think he could get any sweeter. Or cuter. So happy he's letting you sleep more. You deserve that, momma. And I totally know what you mean about loving every stage. These little guys are just so fun. I totally wish we were closer so we could get the little guys together.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel