Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My New Gig...


I try to keep my work/personal life separate here on the ole' blog for obvious reasons, but I wanted to share some exciting news with you.

For the past three years of our marriage, Nathan and I have both worked full-time jobs. He works as a manager in the retail world, and I've been working in Public Relations/Communications in the nonprofit sector. To say I enjoy what I do is a huge understatement. I learned early on in college through my internships that I felt an extremely big calling to use my talents in the not-for-profit realm, and I've been loving it ever since. Nonprofit work definitely is a calling...let's face it, no one is there for the money. ;)

But I've recently discovered a new career that I feel even more passionately about...



Once again, the pay isn't great. In fact, I've taken a pay cut for this new role.

And my responsibilities are a little less glamorous. They include things like paci wrangling, diaper changing, burping, feeding, rocking . . .



entertaining, cleaning, cooking and strolling . . . 


Oh, and did I mention that this new role requires me to run on very little sleep and lots of caffeine? And that it requires me to work 24 hours a day, every single day of the week?

And that sometimes I have to deal with mood swings like this? ;)


I don't mind one bit of it though, because all throughout the day I get to snuggle, cuddle, hug, kiss, and blow raspberries all over this sweet boy . . . 




And I get to watch him learn where his ears, toes, fingers and eyes are. And I get to see him smile, hear him coo, and watch him discover his new world.

It's actually a pretty sweet gig.

And one that I feel extremely blessed to have.

In part to this amazing fella . . .



Who works so hard to provide for our little family of three. 

Sure. We've had to make sacrifices in order for me to take on this new role. But they're all sacrifices worth making, and ones I would give up again and again and again. 







9 comments:

  1. What a sweet blog post! You are an amazing wife and mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable liitle guy! He is so cute! CONGRATULATIONS to you both! Thanks for sharing these sweet pictures. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! I am thrilled. And, I know you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! That is one awesome gig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I am so happy for you. :) That is fantastic news and I know you and your little one both will love having you at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, I am so pleased you are staying home with the babe. I stayed home with all 3 of my kids and did not regret it AT ALL! I loved being there for every little thing and believe me, it goes fast! Enjoy it and don't ever wish it away...It is all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I am so glad you enjoyed your time at home too...I am looking forward to all the fun we'll have! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm so excited for you! Sounds like the best job in the worl for you. Give that little guy an extra squeeze for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job :) What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel