Monday, August 13, 2012

Menu Plan Monday




This weekend was spent mostly doing silly faces, talking in high pitched voices, tickling and blowing raspberries...all in an attempt to get our sweet boy to flash us some more of his smiles! I can hardly believe he's almost 7 weeks old, and is already smiling and coo'ing at us. And for the record - although it has not been fully captured on film - he has the cutest little smile I have ever seen. I might be a bit partial though. ;)

The other highlight of our weekend was the delicious meal we made on Saturday night. I wish I would've taken a picture so that I could post the recipe for you, but there's really no need anyway because it was super simple! 

The inspiration came from here, but I got totally lazy and didn't do the other 75% of the recipe...we just marinated two big chicken breasts in a mixture of 1/2 bottle of Lawry's Garlic and Herb + 2 TBSP of basil pesto, then slapped it on the grill. AH-mazing! The chicken was super juicy, tender, and jammed packed with flavor! I served it alongside some rice and fresh New York State corn on the cob. Mmm...I'm hungry just thinking about it! Try it out if you're in need of a yummy grilled chicken recipe. It does not disappoint.

Here's what we've got planned to cook in the kitchen this week...

Monday - Enchilada Casserole

Tuesday - Freezer Meal (we're still eating off of the generosity of our friends who made us delicious meals after returning home from the hospital!)

Wednesday - Tuna Melts, Fruit, Veggies and Dip

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Pesto Tortellini {new}

Saturday - Grilled Ham with Pineapple, potatoes and veggies

This post is linked to:
I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday




2 comments:

  1. what a great thing to still have a freezer full of meals! The chicken sounds like it was delicious - especially paired with the corn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Can I come over on pesto tortellini night? ;) Sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel