Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 39




How Far Along: 39 weeks!

Size of baby: According to BabyCenter.com, our little guy is about 20 inches long and weighing in at a little over 7 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 23 lbs. gained so far...not really sure where those other 2 pounds from last week went considering I've been eating ice cream, french fries and sipping lemonade. :)


Maternity Clothes: At this point, I'm just wearing anything that fits and is still comfortable. This mostly consists of maxi dresses and gym shorts (not at the same time. that would be weird.) These days, comfort trumps fashion. 

Gender: Boy!

Movement: He's still quite active, but I can tell he's getting tired of his snug little home. I often notice him bulging or pushing me these days as if to say, "Can we make some more room in here, Mom?" ;)

Sleep: I am getting so excited to meet William that I'm finding it hard to settle my thoughts at night. When I do finally fall asleep, I usually wake up in the wee morning hours and can't go back to sleep because I keep thinking about him. One thing is for sure - we are ready to meet this guy!

What I miss: Cuddling up nice and close with my man on the couch. These days, I'm either sitting on the exercise ball or propped up on 4 different pillows...it really makes it challenging to get close and cuddle. :) 

What I’m looking forward to: William's birthday!

Cravings: Frozen yogurt, ice cream, cold fruit and lots of water.

Aversions: none

Symptoms: Feeling more pressure down low and also a major decrease in my mobility. It takes me approximately 40 minutes to walk my usual route that used to take only 20 minutes tops. 

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat

Best Moment This Week: The amazing support from my man. I can't get over how supportive, encouraging, strong, and gentle he's been this week. I'm so glad we're in this together. 

Weekly Wisdom: ‎"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you." 1 Thes. 5:16-18

Milestones: Does still being able to shave my own legs and paint my own toenails count as a major milestone? ;)



7 comments:

  1. Tell him it's time to come! I'm ready to see what he looks like! :) Glad you're still feeling pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to Williams's birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you ate feeling well. You are still cute as ever! I called you yesterday....well I hope it was your number : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat is one LONG BABY! ;) You are still looking amazing, of course. Counting down the days. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can babies really be as long as a baguette?!

    I'm so excited! I can't wait for baby's birthday either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep checking your blog hoping I'll see a picture of William. I know he'll be here when he's good and ready!! I hope you're feeling great and enjoying the last few kicks he gives you. I miss feeling those baby kicks inside my belly!
    Praying for a healthy and quick delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You haven't blogged since Wednesday, he must be here already! Congratulations Mommy and Daddy Atwood!! <3 The Cashers

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel