Thursday, June 14, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 38


How Far Along: 38 weeks!

Size of baby: Baby boy is 6.5 pounds and about the length of a stalk of leeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 25 lbs. gained so far


Maternity Clothes: Wearing them. Getting tired of them. Ready to break out my old summer wardrobe. 


Gender: Boy!

Movement: At every single doctor's appointment we hear the words, "He's an active one!" as soon as they put the doppler on my belly. In fact, he is such a wiggle worm that we found out this week he's done a complete turn since last week and is now preferring the feet first position.  We're hoping he does a turn before D-Day!

Sleep: Still sleeping great, which I've heard from others is a rarity at this point, so I'm very thankful for it!!

What I (will) miss: I am really going to miss feeling baby boy kick, squirm, hiccup and wiggle around inside my belly. It will be an odd thing not to see my belly move on its own after he gets here! :)

What I’m looking forward to: Holding William for the very first time. I can't wait to examine all his little features and give him lots (and lots) and baby kisses.

Cravings: These Greek Veggie Wraps. I've been making them every day since Sunday. 

Aversions: none

Symptoms: Still feeling great! 

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat

Best Moment This Week: Sunday! The weather here couldn't have been more perfect, so I got to spend a good amount of time outside. I even went for a long walk that night with a friend, and it felt so good! Nathan and I have also declared this our "anniversary week" so we've been doing small little fun things each day to celebrate our three-years of marriage. And, my sweet co-workers also threw William a baby shower and it was so much fun! :)

Weekly Wisdom: Being reminded that this whole pregnancy thing is 100% totally outside of my control. It's been nerve wracking to learn that lesson, but it's also kind of freeing now that I've accepted it. There are some things in life we can't control, but there are lots of things we can....our attitude, our outlook, how we treat others, our thoughts, etc. etc. God reminded me this week that I need to focus on the things I can control, and let HIM work on the things that are outside of my control. 

Milestones: We completed all of our birthing classes, and our breastfeeding class. They even gave us a fancy schmancy certificate of completion - ha! :)


2 comments:

  1. You are still looking so awesome, momma. He's almost here. Henry was a wiggly worm inside me, too, and the ultrasound tech always commented on it. Now that he's here, he's still a wiggly boy! =) Love it. (As an aside, we got a few of those Halo Sleep Sacks after he was born and they have been life savers for him at night. He's so wiggly that he woke himself up all the time.)

    I'm so excited for you to meet him. Thinking about you guys in these last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! If I can look half as cute as you do at 38 weeks, I'll be a blessed lady one day :) I'm so glad you had such a good week. Sunday was a great day!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel