Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 37


How Far Along: 37 weeks...we made it to full term! :)

Size of baby:  According to BabyCenter.com, our little one weighs about 6 1/3 pounds, and is about 19 inches long (about the length of swiss chard, or those lovely collards). Our doctor guesstimated that William would weigh anywhere between 6.5-7.5 pounds, and he felt pretty confident it would be more towards the 6.5 lb. range. *Breathing a sigh of relief that baby boy does not take after his mama, and will not be a 9-pound meatball!!* 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 23 lbs. gained so far

Maternity Clothes: You know you're getting close to the end when even your maternity clothes start to fit tighter around the belly!

Gender: Boy!

Movement: rolling, moving, wiggling, nudging, punching, pinching, boxing...you name it, and he's doing it.

Sleep: Still sleeping really good. One night this weekend I actually slept for 10 hours!! I'm feeling so rested these days.

What I miss: The days when people used to just ignore the fact that I was pregnant. Lately I've been getting a lot of, "Wow. You're really pregnant", "When's your baby due?" or "You're still here?!?!" comments from my coworkers or complete strangers. I just smile, nod, and waddle on. I know somewhere deep, deep down they mean well. Bless their hearts. 

What I’m looking forward to: The night (or day) when I start having regular contractions, and it's the real deal. OK, OK...I'm not really looking forward to the contractions part, but I'm excited for what they'll mean. I can't wait to meet this little guy!

Cravings: I haven't had any real strong cravings lately...food in general is just tasting pretty good these days.  

Aversions: none

Symptoms: The Braxton Hicks contractions are intensifying, but they're still irregular and nothing to worry about. 

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat

Best Moment This Week: Because Nathan's work schedule varies from week to week, we had the rare opportunity this past weekend to have a whole weekend off together (sadly, his guys camping trip got rained out). We realized while we were spending time together that the weekend might be our last weekend as a family of two! We did a lot of relaxing, watching movies, going for walks in the rain, and talking about how excited we are to see William. It was really memorable and sweet, and a whole lot of fun. 

Weekly Wisdom: Note to self: when you aren't a crafty person by nature, don't start thinking that during your pregnancy is a great time to get crafty. I attempted this beautiful DIY mobile last night that I found on Pinterest, and by the end of it, you couldn't even tell what kind of animals I had created. 

Milestones: Reaching full term, and knowing that if William decides to come all will be well. 



1 comment:

  1. Super exciting, friend! You are absolutely adorable.

    I am also really glad you and Nathan got to enjoy the weekend together ... That time was/is to be treasured, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel