Wednesday, June 13, 2012

3 years

I know I usually post my weekly bump updates on Wednesday, but I'll be back tomorrow with that. Today, I wanted to stop and wish my man a happy three-year anniversary. 


When I walked down the aisle three years ago, I never thought my heart could love that man any more than it did. But, my mama was right - the more and more years that go by, the more our hearts expand and swell with love for our spouse. 


From the very beginning, Nathan and I knew we were in this thing for the long haul. We've both been blessed with Godly parents who have honored their marriage covenant for decades and are still just as happily married as the day they said "I Do." It has been such a blessing for Nathan and me to see their love for each other stay strong. So to them, I say Thank You. Thank you for being examples to us of what a loving marriage looks like. 


And to my man today...


I found this picture of us that was snapped moments after we said "I Do" and it sums up our marriage perfectly. I can't remember what was going on in this picture, but Nathan probably just got done saying something that I found completely hilarious and we both broke out into laughter. 


When I think back on the past three years that's the first thing that comes to mind - all the funny times we've had and all the laughter that has filled our home. You are hilarious, my man, and have always managed to bring a smile to my face. You're the only person that can make me full out belly laugh for minutes until I'm crying. Of course, that's just one of your many wonderful traits, but it's one of my very favorite. :) Life is so much more fun with you in it, and I'm so thankful I married you!


(PS - I also think it's quite comical that we're sitting in front of a baby crib, and now three years later we're getting ready to welcome our little bundle of joy into the world. I know watching you as a father will only make my heart love you more, and I can't wait to see you with our William!)




3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! For some reason I was thinking you were married on the June 14th the same year we were, but you were actually married a year later! I'll remember that now!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel