Monday, May 7, 2012

William's Baby Shower Recap

This weekend, my mom (with the help of some other sweet ladies) blessed Nathan and I with a baby shower for William. 


I don't know if was the pregnancy hormones or what, but by the end of the day I felt overwhelmed with love from our NY, TN and AL families and friends. I know our out-of-state relatives wanted to be here so badly for the occasion, but they did their very best to make it special in their own ways - I received phone calls the morning of the shower, gifts shipped all the way from the south, and cards with sentiments written inside that made my heart just about burst wide open. Not to mention the love I felt in the room with ladies who surrounded me with their well wishes, wisdom, and encouraging words. 


That night, Nathan and I sat around sorting Baby Boy's fun gifts and we were reminded yet again of the goodness of God and His provision. And there's one thing that's for certain - William has officially more clothes than his mama and he will never have to worry about going naked. :)


Here are some photos from our fun day:


Lots of delicious food and treats!

My mom even made Strawberry Lemonade Punch 
because she knows I've been craving sour stuff lately. 

Her sun room was all decked out in blue, complete with tiny 
boy clothes hanging on the line. 

Several of the ladies made handmade gifts, which I adored. 
This was a blanket made by one of the ladies in my mom's church.
(Oh, and that's my sis-in-law from AL beside me - it meant so much to have her there!)

A cute little baby bathrobe :)

It also meant a lot to have mine and Nathan's pre-marriage counselors in the room.
She made this darling piece of artwork for William's nursery.

Two of my girlfriends from college. The one in the pink was due at the end of this month, and ended up having her sweet baby boy the morning after this picture was taken! It has been so fun to share our pregnancies together :)

Me and my sister-in-law. It was always such an honor to celebrate with her through her pregnancies, and such a blessing to have her beside me this weekend!

My sweet mom joined in the photo too :) 

And this is us with one of our dear friends from Buffalo. 
My mom loves this picture because it's her "three favorite girls" all together ;) 


Our little William was showered with so much love this weekend, and we are so thankful. Now we're just counting down the weeks until we get to see his sweet face!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great shower! Love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I am so happy to hear of the wonderful shower this weekend! You are right - these moments remind you how loved & blessed you are! God is so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet shower! You are just glowing, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww ... what a wonderful shower! Looks like you have amazing friends and family in your life. What a blessing! I agree that it's a bit overwhelming to think about all the support we have for our little guy. Amazing, really.

    Also, your dress is too darn cute and you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel