Thursday, May 3, 2012

Whole Wheat Veggie Wraps

A few weeks back, a girlfriend and I strolled to one of our favorite little restaurants and had lunch overlooking the canal. I ordered a veggie wrap, and it was so delicious that I was determined to recreate it on my own.

My version is a bit different than theirs - that particular day, my veggie wrap came loaded with avocado, red peppers, feta, black olives and lettuce - but, you can really get creative with the veggies you add in. Anything goes!

Whole Wheat Veggie Wrap - The Atwoods

Here's my favorite combination as of late:
  • whole wheat wraps
  • mayonaise
  • basil pesto
  • roasted red peppers
  • lettuce
  • slaw mix (I like really crunchy things in my wraps, so I got a bag of Broccoli Slaw mix and added some in. It comes with broccoli, carrotts and red cabbage - delish!)
  • onions 
  • Provolone cheese 
Start by swiping a thin layer of mayonaise on your wrap, and then on top of that add a thin layer of basil pesto (you could also mix the two together using a 1:1 ratio, but I just add them separately.)





Pile your veggies on top - I usually use the lettuce as a bed, and then add my cabbage mix, onions, red peppers and then the cheese.




Wrap it up nice and tight. And enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel