Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kitchen Reveal

It's been almost 4 months since I gave you a kitchen remodel update. Those last minute projects sure can linger on, can't they? :) 


But, I'm happy to report that our kitchen remodel is officially DONE! Other than the crown molding (which I showed you last time), the only things left to do were paint touch-ups and hanging some artwork. We recently got around to tackling both, so I'm happy to finally reveal our kitchen remodel!


Let's first reminisce about how awful it used to look different it was. . .


I recently found these photos of the space that were taken when my man first moved into the house in April 2009. (This was move-in day for him, so pardon the mess.)



On occasion before we were married, I would make dinner for Nathan in the kitchen. It was always such a pleasant experience when the drawers would break apart upon opening them (by the way, notice the lovely stove behind me - we had quite the fancy set up!).



This was the dining room on move-in day. There's our old sliding glass door that sounded like a baby wailing every time we opened it. Oh, and there's our ceiling fan...in the dining room (yuck!). Notice all that dark wood trim? Lovely. 




Fast forward 2 years, and that's when we first started remodeling this bad boy. You've already seen those nitty gritty photos, but some of my favorites include . . .




The never-ending amounts of drywall and backer board dust!




And, fast forward 1 year from the start of our remodel, and now our kitchen is complete! So much blood, sweat and tears...the blood and sweat from the guys, the tears from me...but we're really, truly, finally done. It feels so good!





Our DIY chalkboard and DIY cork monogram are hung!



And we also hung some artwork on the other wall, too. Notice the pasta prints? :) Nathan sweetly did those for me, and I love them! 



Here's a close up...





And on our recent trip to Ikea, I finally found a pot/pot lid organizer! I'm so happy to have these corralled.



Somebody pinch me. It really is done!


7 comments:

  1. What an amazing change! It looks so good! I want some of those storage things for our pans someday. We don't need them now but we probably will in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I really love everything. I can't wait until our new counter arrives. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your new counters, Chels! You'll have to post pictures :)

      Delete
  3. GREAT JOB! Ya'll deserve a big pat on the back for all your hard work. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, it's gorgeous!!! LOVE the transformation. And, the yellow accents are so much fun - esp. with the pasta photos. You have totally convinced me of my summer project - painting the trim in our house too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way... where did you get that cute plate/circle art on your dining room wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got that from Bed Bath and Beyond a while ago, but they still have it on their website! I've also seen something similar at Pier 1.

      Delete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel