Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 36


How Far Along: 36 weeks!


Size of baby:  According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is gaining an ounce a day! On average, he now weighs around 6 pounds, the weight of a large crenshaw melon, or the weight of 8 grapefruit if mama is craving those instead of crenshaw melons ;) and is a little over 18 1/2 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 23 pounds gained so far...I've definitely noticed an increase in my appetite over the past two weeks.

Maternity Clothes: Wearing them all the time now. I've also resorted to wearing gym shorts and tank tops when I'm not at work, and Nathan's tee shirts are also getting some good wear.
Gender: Boy!

Movement: He’s still very active, especially after I eat and when I lay down at night.

Sleep: I’m still sleeping great, other than occasionally waking up at 2am or 4am and being WIDE awake. I can only assume my body is preparing itself for those late night feedings. ;)

What I miss: Being able to breath like a normal person. Baby boy loves to sprawl out in his space, making it a little difficult to breath lately. I feel sorry for folks who sit next to me because these days I’m breathing like a 400-pound man.

What I’m looking forward to: This weekend I have a girlfriend coming to stay with me (her hubby and my hubby are going away for a guy’s camping trip), so I’m really looking forward to some relaxing, shopping, and just spending some time with her. I’m feeling a pedicure calling my name! Oh, and I'd appreciate your prayers this weekend - baby boy cannot come when his daddy is away, so prayers that he'll stay put are greatly appreciated. :)

Cravings: Sauerkraut, Pickles, Fruit, and any sort of frozen yogurt/ice cream/smoothie that I can get my hands on.  

Aversions: none

Symptoms: Still feeling great!

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat…I was hoping I would develop a pregnant outie because I think they’re so cute, but at this point I think it’s just going to stay flat. 

Best Moment This Week: The weekend. We had perfect weather over the holiday weekend – sunny all day, and temps reaching 90 degrees! It was so nice to sunbathe, grill out, and enjoy lots of ice cream :)

Weekly Wisdom: I've got nothin'. The brain is officially fried.

Milestones: Getting the nursery done!



6 comments:

  1. You are too cute! Love the weekly updates... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are so close to meeting William!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I hope Will stays put for a couple more weeks at least. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently met your mother-in-law on a trip and she told me about your blog. Love you idea with the fruits and the kitchen looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping in Raquel - we love visitors! ;)

      Delete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel