Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 33



How Far Along:  33 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one weighs a little over 4 pounds, the size of a pineapple (holy cow!!)  And is about 17 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 19 pounds gained so far, although after the baby shower weekend and my appetite being back in full swing, I’m sure that has changed ;-) 

Maternity Clothes: 
Wearing them all the time now. I’ve given up wearing my maternity jeans - they just aren’t stretchy enough for me to sit Indian style. I’m still enjoying all my maternity dresses, skirts and leggings. 

Gender: 
Boy!

Movement: 
Still poking and nudging…especially near the bladder, which makes any public function all the more fun. “Pardon me, while I go to the restroom for the 538th time since we’ve been here.” 

Sleep: 
Still sleeping good.

What I miss: Walking like a normal person. The waddle is in full force!

What I’m looking forward to: Starting our child birthing classes on Wednesday! We’ve already been studying the Bradley Method of Husband Coached Child Birthing together, but we felt over-educating ourselves probably isn’t a bad idea since this is our first rodeo. ;-) 

Cravings: 
Fruit, Fruit Smoothies, Fruit Popsicles and Fruit and Yogurt. Oh, and meatballs!

Aversions: My meat aversion was gone as quickly as it started. All I wanted this weekend was a big juicy meatball. 

Symptoms:
 A little stuffiness and the overactive bladder, but other than that - I’m feeling great!

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat-ish. 

Best Moment This Week: 
Getting all of William’s “gear” ready. The car seat base is installed, baby boy has some fresh clean clothes (thanks to Nathan’s sweet parents!), and our house has officially been baby-fied with lots of paraphernalia.

Nathan was so proud putting together William's "new ride" :)



Weekly Wisdom: This pregnancy has done a lot of things to my personality that I really like! I'm much more assertive than I used to be in my pre-pregnancy days, and I'm also extremely relaxed most days. In fact, it hasn't even bothered me that there are 2,508 things in this house that should/need to be done before William arrives. I've taken on this whole "Eh, it'll get done eventually" attitude, and I have to say...it's a nice change! :)

Milestones: Before you go thinking I'm a lazy bum for that last comment, I will note - we did accomplish one major milestone this week and I'm quite proud of it. William's room is about 75% of the way done! 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel - I normally come on to see what you are eating for the week for inspiration through Organizing Junkie, but your baby posts make me laugh. You sound so much like I was until I had Baby Zack 6 weeks ago. Especially your meatball comment, I laughed out loud here at work. I so had a meatball craving that I don't think the hubby and daughters will ever eat meatballs again. We had sweet & sour, Norwegian, Swedish, BBQ, and in spaghetti. And that was just in one week!! If it consisted of some kind of extra saltiness I was all over it. Which isn't the greatest thing to be craving in Mississippi when it is 90 degrees outside. I looked like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man. Even the ice water IV didn't help. Hope all goes well for you these last few weeks until Baby William arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he's the size of a pineapple! Amazing! I think I need to get myself a pair of maternity leggings. I feel the same way about jeans.

    You are also reminding me that I need to get the carseat base installed. Yikes! It's almost that time!

    (FYI:I also linked up to your crib skirt post today.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my friend was pregnant last year I told her one of my favorite things about her at the time was the feisty side that pregnancy brought out in her! I really liked hormonal Jamie. She was fun and she told it just like it was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture - your eyes are shining! It's probably a good thing that you are stressing less - keep practicing those deep breaths and it will get done. (And what doesn't get done will probably get done after he arrives.) As Karen says, It all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, pregnancy is such a fun, crazy journey. You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel