Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 32


How Far Along:  32 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one weighs 3.75 pounds, the size of a jicama (what in the world is a jicama?!?) - we went with a bag of Vidalia Onions this week. :)  And is about 16.75 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 19 pounds gained so far. I lost 1 pound since my last 2-week appointment, but I’m pretty sure our sickness from last week had something to do with that. 

Maternity Clothes: 
I was officially at the point of getting sick of my maternity wardrobe this weekend, but Nathan sweetly offered to take me to Target and buy me some more things. I got a cute, comfortable cotton dress and a cotton skirt. Oh, and I found some maternity sweatpants at the Goodwill this weekend too – score! Now my pre-pregnancy yoga pants can be put away to ensure they don’t rip. :)

Gender: 
Boy!

Movement: 
Still moving around like crazy these days. Baby boy’s favorite position? Curled up in my right side with his tiny little bottom poking out. 


I try and let him stay there as long as possible, but when it gets uncomfortable, I just give him a little rub and he moves over. 

Sleep: 
I got 10 hours of sleep on Sunday and it was absolutely glorious. These days, me, my pillow and my bed are like BFF. 

What I miss: Being able to do things without running out of breath, eating without spilling stuff all down my belly, giving my man front hugs (the belly’s so big now we have resorted to the friendly side hug).

What I’m looking forward to: The baby shower my mom is throwing me this weekend – I’m so excited to see everyone! And, of course, I’m excited to eat party food – is there anything better?!?

Cravings: 
 Still craving veggie wraps (I’m featuring the recipe this week, so stay tuned!). Other than that, I've just had a lot of indecisiveness when it comes to food lately…I usually end up saying, “Honey, can you pick what we’ll eat for dinner?” Nathan loves it!

Aversions: I’m not real crazy about meat lately. I’m not sure why this is, but it has been giving me the heebie-jeebies. 

Symptoms:
 I had a little bit of ankle swelling this week, but I think it was just because I was up on my feet for too long. Other than that, I’m feeling great!

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat-ish. 

Best Moment This Week: 
My doctor’s appointment on Monday. The doctor I saw was SO sweet and funny - she took her time and poked on my belly to show me where each of William’s body parts were. He’s head down (so far) and she said his heart rate is a good indication that his brain and nerves are functioning properly.   

Weekly Wisdom: We’ve started a new Bible study on Monday nights called Reflecting Him and this week’s lesson was on God as the potter and us as the clay. I’m so thankful when God sat down at His potter’s wheel to fashion us, He already had a great, unique plan for each and every one of His “lumps of clay.” We are not an afterthought to Him – he carefully and creatively made us each for a unique purpose. This makes my mama heart swell inside me as I think about the plans God has for our little William.

Milestones: Getting William's closet doors and his bedroom door all painted bright white. Just have to finish the trim around the room, and then we can start decorating!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the updates- thanks so much! You look great and if you can sleep, you're ahead of the game. Only 8 more weeks - can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel