Sunday, April 1, 2012

Memory Verse Challenge - Verse 7

Yesterday I was having an "ugly" day. Us ladies can all relate to the normal ugly days we have...when our hair just isn't laying right and our clothes don't fit quite right. But this was a different kind of ugly day. It was all in my attitude and actions. I didn't practice self control, I let my tongue fly a few times, and by the time the afternoon rolled around, I felt pretty icky about it.


I spent some personal time in prayer asking for God's forgiveness, and even asked forgiveness to the person who was at the other end of my tongue when it flew. But when I rolled out of bed this morning, I still felt rotten about how I had acted yesterday. Then God did the neatest thing.


He reminded me that today was April 1 - a start to a new month. And then I got to church and it was communion day. As I took the elements, I poured out my heart once more to God, and He gently reminded me...Jesus died for yesterday. The "ugly" day. The day I forgot to practice self control. The day I let my tongue fly a few times. Jesus didn't just die for the pretty days, or the happy days, but He also died for all those days when we'd be ugly, mean to one another, and say hurtful things. 


So that's why my Scripture memory for today is all about new beginnings. God loves to give us mercy - it's why He sent His son. I'm so thankful for that reminder today!


"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness." ~Lamentations 3:22-23


2 comments:

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel