Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 30


How Far Along:  30 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one weighs 3 pounds, the size of a large cabbage (or a bag of apples), and is about 15.7 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: somewhere between the vicinity of 17-20 pounds gained so far, depending on which scale I use. (thanks a lot stinkin’ Easter candy!)

Maternity Clothes: 
Mostly maternity at this point, but I can still wear some of my cotton pre-pregnancy dresses, which was a life saver during our brief heat wave. I’ve also been finding my maternity leggings to be quite comfortable. I’m not usually a leggings type of person, but these things are so breathable and comfy. It feels like I’m wearing my pajamas. :)

Gender: 
Boy!

Movement: 
lots of movement lately!

Sleep: 
Still wonderful. 

What I miss: Milo’s Sweet Tea. I could go for a huge glass of it right about now! Oh and I would be remiss not to mention my other favorite southern chain - Chick-Fil-A. Sweet Tea + French Fries = YUM!

What I’m looking forward to: The babymoon/early anniversary trip! We are so ready to get out of town for a few days and just spend the days all alone together. 

Cravings: 
 Quaker Caramel Corn Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter and sliced Banana on top, along with anything really cold to drink.

Aversions: none 

Symptoms:
 I’m hot all the time lately. You know your body temperature has changed when you sleep with the window open and your fan on Level 3, and your husband gets up at 4 AM to close the window and turn down the fan because he’s cold (something that never, ever happens in our household). I don’t even mind when he steals the sheets these days – in fact, I encourage it. :)

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat-ish. 

Best Moment This Week: 
Laying in bed on Monday morning as Nathan had his hand on my belly. William was moving around at a record pace, and it was so fun to feel him together and laugh at all his different movements and kicks.  

Buying baby boy’s first pair of OshKosh overalls (we found them at the Goodwill on 50%-off to boot!). Tell me these aren’t the cutest things you’ve ever seen?!?

Weekly Wisdom: Being reminded yet again that no one is in control of this pregnancy or our labor except for the Creator Himself. As much as we’d like to plan and prepare, and as much as some of our Doctor’s might like to think they are in control, Nathan and I both know that from the very beginning, William’s development and life have been in the palm of God’s hands. I find great peace in this truth!

Milestones: According to BabyCenter.com, our little guy can distinguish between light and dark these days – his little eyes are developing more and more! 


3 comments:

  1. You look amazing!

    On Friday, we ate at the Chick-Fil-A at the Fieldstown exit - good memories of the rehearsal dinner and wedding (not held at the Chick-Fil-A - but nearby)

    Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! And those little overalls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I hope "Babymoon" was fun! What a great idea!!! I wish we would've done that before each.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel