Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 29


How Far Along:  29 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one weighs as much as a butternut squash (about 2 ½ pounds), and is about 15 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 15 pounds gained so far. 

Maternity Clothes: 
Still mixing and matching stuff from my pre-pregnancy wardrobe when I can, and wearing dresses/skirts as often as possible to avoid anything around my waist. 

Gender: 
Boy!

Movement: 
I have a feeling our little guy is going to like music! Sunday night, I had worship music on Pandora while I was sewing, and he would not stop kicking and squirming around. I told Nathan it felt like he was in there dancing and getting his praise on. :) 

Sleep:  
Sleeping like a rock! It’s getting harder and harder to get up for work in the morning because our bed just feels soo good.

What I miss: Being able to eat a meal without getting food all over myself. The clumsiness coupled with the ever-increasing belly bump make it nearly impossible. Thank goodness for Shout!

What I’m looking forward to: Monday’s check up. Now that I’m in the 3rd trimester, I’m going every two weeks, and I love being able to hear baby boy’s heartbeat more. I’m also looking forward to today – Nathan and I have the day off, and we’re painting the nursery! (photos to come)

Cravings: 
This week, I’ve craved really sour things…I bought a can of sauerkraut at the store in hopes of eating it right out of the can (I haven’t gotten around to that yet, but it sure does sound delicious!). My Easter Bunny also put some Starburst Sour Jelly Beans in my basket this year, and those have been quite the treat this week! And I’m also craving anything with lemon or lime in it.

Aversions: none 

Symptoms:
 starting to feel occasional heartburn, but thankfully it goes away after I take a Tums.   

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat-ish. 

Best Moment This Week: 
Being able to sit out on our deck in the sun with my Karen Kingsbury book. Spending the day off Friday with Nathan. Prepping the nursery for painting, and putting the finishing paint touch-ups on the kitchen.

Weekly Wisdom: Dear People of the World – Even when you have the biggest smile on your face, and you say it with pure excitement, the words “You’re getting so big!!” will never, ever be received as a compliment to a pregnant woman. Especially when in that same week, said pregnant woman had to break down and buy herself bigger drawers for the ever-increasing bump that’s growing on the back side of her body.

Milestones: According to BabyCenter, our little one's skeleton is hardening and his brain is busy developing this week!


4 comments:

  1. I will never understand why another woman would tell another woman that they are getting big, even if they are pregnant! It's just not very nice:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butternut squash... :)

    Were you reading Loving, perchance?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful week! I just love checking in on Baby Atwood's updates. I can't wait to see nursery updates :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel