Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pesto Stuffed Shells + Kitchen Remodel Progress

I love making stuffed shells, but I don't love all the work involved. And it never fails that half of my shells go wasted because they tear in half...I'm a little too generous on the stuffing, I think. So when I found this easy recipe for Pesto Stuffed Shells over on Budget Bytes, I knew I needed to give it a try. The stuffing ingredients are minimal which makes the prep time so much easier, and it also prevents the shells from getting too overstuffed. It's a win/win!


Pesto Stuffed ShellsBudget Bytes

(I halved this recipe and made it in my 8x8 dish - it was the perfect amount for just the hub's and I. I've included the full recipe below, but just know that it does halve nicely too if you're feeding two.)

  • 12 ounces, jumbo shell pasta
  • 15 ounces ricotta
  • 1 c. mozzarella (I did a half mozzarella, half Parmesan mix and it was quite yummy!)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 c. basil pesto (I used Classico brand traditional basil)
  • 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
Start by cooking your pasta...
Meanwhile, mix up all the other ingredients (minus the sauce) in a small bowl

Pre-heat your oven to 350-degrees and drain off your cooked pasta. 

Grab a baking dish and pour some sauce on the bottom, and then start stuffing those shells and laying them side-by-side in your dish. Once they're all lined up and ready to go, pour the rest of your sauce on top. 

Bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!


I also couldn't wait another minute to share with you our kitchen remodel progress. The guys in my life have been working hard to install the crown molding on top of the cabinets. It makes such a difference!

Before
 


After

Ignore those touch-ups that need to be done on that far wall - we plan to get to our painting when it's a bit warmer and we can open those windows!


It may not seem like that big of a difference, but to me it makes the cabinets look much taller and the room look finished and polished. Just a few paint touch-ups and some art hanging to go!







1 comment:

  1. It does give it that finished look - seeing the before and after (which I love) made me realize that. So close to the end - it looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel