Thursday, March 22, 2012

Nursery Progress

I know I still owe you a full Kitchen Remodel Before & After post, but bear with me! We’re hoping to have our final paint touch ups done soon, and then we can hang our kitchen art. Then we’re going to take a full day to sing the Hallelujah Chorus together, while we hold hands and cry happy tears. (Nathan doesn’t know about that part yet – hehe). Photos are coming soon – I promise!


To hold you off until then, I thought I’d share some very preliminary photos of the nursery progress we’ve made so far. I shared our plans for the space back in this post.

My mom and I started working on the DIY Crib Skirt using this fabric (2D Zoo in Pool Blue by Alexander Henry)…


Although we didn’t really have a “tutorial” to go off of we did use this blog for inspiration, and it was really easy to create our own.

After hubby assembled the crib, my mom and I attached the front panel to see how the crib skirt looked...


And I love it!

The colors are just plain fun, and I can just imagine little William pointing to all the different animals once he starts learning how to talk :)

Here's a photo of how it ties to the crib - we didn't waste our time making the ties pretty, since they won't be seen by anyone. 

The best part? Since the crib skirt attaches using ties, the skirt will adjust as we raise the bed for our growing little guy. 

The other progress we've made in the nursery department is to buy a rocking chair. Nathan found this one on Craigslist for $60. 

(ignore that table...we're not sure where it'll end up)

The chair came with seat cushions, but my mom and I are going to reupholster those. The rocker is the perfect size for my short stature and Nathan can fit in it just fine too. :)

So here's a photo of how things are looking these days in William's abode...

Of course, we still have lots to do:
  • Paint the room, and the trim, window sill and closet doors
  • Add a door to the room
  • Buy curtains
  • Finish crib skirt
  • DIY a changing pad cover
  • Reupholster Rocker seat cushions
  • Lay down the rug
  • Hang artwork
  • Figure out something for the lighting

But this list is much less daunting and way more fun than our last big house project, so we're not complaining! ;)


5 comments:

  1. Love the crib skirt! We got our rocking chair on Craig's List too and it's just so beautiful - I'll be rocking all my babies and maybe even grandchildren in that chair (and it was only $40 or so).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bed - I can just Will standing there peeping over the edge! Good job on the crib skit - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just SEE Will standing there - should have pushed preview first. HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the crib skirt progress! This is exactly what I need to do, but I hadn't thought of the ties - I was considering velcro. This is better.

    We have a wooden rocking chair. We have so much in common while doing nurseries - I love it. I really need to make a pad for ours, too, but I don't even know where to start. So, if you could do that next so I can learn, that'd be great. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the colors and the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel