Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 26


How Far Along:  26 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the length of an English Hothouse Cucumber – about 14 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 13 pounds 

Maternity Clothes: 
I’ve been living in my pre-pregnancy cotton stretchy dresses lately. They are so comfortable! 

Gender: 
Boy!

Movement: 
Still kicking and squirming away, especially when his Dad is around or when music is playing! :) 

Sleep:  
If it’s possible, sleep has gotten even better with the warmer weather. We’ve turned the heat off, cranked the fans on and have even slept with the windows open a few times. It’s wonderful.

What I miss: I’m still craving cold turkey deli meat on a regular basis, and it never fails that I see a sub commercial or deli meat commercial, or photo of someone eating a deli sandwich…I want to pry it out of their hands and devour it. It’s the first thing I want to eat after our little guy arrives.   

What I’m looking forward to: Our babymoon/early anniversary trip! Since our anniversary is in June and baby is due in late June, we knew it would be impossible to take an anniversary trip, so we’re going in April instead. We’ve officially booked (destination: Toronto!), and are starting to plan our itinerary. We’re so excited to go somewhere new, explore, and enjoy each other’s company for several days.

Cravings: 
Fruit Smoothies, strawberries, pineapple, grapefruit, Simply Fruit Lime Bars…anything cold and fruity!

Aversions: none 

Symptoms:
 I’ve had a few Braxton Hicks contractions, but they’re nothing to complain about. Because they’re just preparing my uterus for what’s to come, I get excited when I get one – it just means it’s getting closer and closer to William’s birthday!

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat.  

Best Moment(s) This Week: 
 My mom was so kind to offer me a pedicure on Sunday (my work had our biggest fundraiser event on Friday night, so my feet were aching!). I love that she is so thoughtful!

Along with the pedicure, I also had my most…let’s call it “memorable” moment of the week. One of the pedicure ladies asked me when my due date was, and I told her June 24. She looked at me wide eyed and said “Oh wow! You’re going to be HUGE by then!” Thank you Pedicure Lady, thank you very much. That’s exactly what a 6-month pregnant woman wants to hear while she’s trying to relax.

Weekly Wisdom: Do not…I repeat…do NOT make a pan of these brownies when you’re home alone, and your sweet tooth comes back with a vengeance. Oh, and one more thing…DON’T eat two of them hot out of the oven topped with vanilla ice cream. Sweetness overload. I made Nathan take the rest of them to work the next day to get them out of my sight.

Milestones:  Taking baby to his first Christian rock concert. Little guy was kicking all night long at the sound of the drums and guitars – Nathan is so excited that William seems to like “his kind of music” and not his mother’s country music. ;)  


5 comments:

  1. Rachel, this is beyond precious! Congratulations and God's biggest blessings on you!!!! What fun to read!
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I soooo look forward to these updates every week. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Enjoy those brownies - surely Will loves brownies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You look so awesome! I've been living in pre-pregnancy dresses, too. It's so fun to see your progress and compare, since we're so close. I, on the other hand, have been sleeping horribly. Ick. Wish I could sleep better (and longer).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little weekly updates. The pictures idea is great. You are so funny with your brownies. Haha, made me laugh. The only thing sweet I can stand (let alone crave ALL THE TIME) are the peanut butter rice krispies with chocolate frosting at Newk's. Oh, they are so yummy!!! Hmmm... I wonder if I can drag someone from work there with me for lunch?!?! Anyway, enjoy the last few months, they go by so fast! The nursery is precious. Love the animal print you picked out. Baby Zack is scheduled to come on Wednesday, and I am SOOOO ready (maybe not for being at the hospital by 5:30 a.m though)!! And just a little FYI - June 21 would be a GREAT day to have Baby William (it may be the longest day of the year, but it's my b-day so as I tell everyone, I just get to celebrate longer than they do :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress! I can't believe the lady thought you were big! That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel