Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 25



How Far Along:  25 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one weighs as much as a rutabaga (or, a cluster of red grapes), about 2 pounds. He’s also about 13½ inches long. (But if you ask his mama, she would tell you that he’s starting to take on the appearance of a small turkey – it feels like he’s really stretching out in there!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Had my Drs. appointment on Monday – I’ve gained 13 pounds so far. Yep - that means I gained a whopping 6 pounds in 4 weeks, but Dr. made me feel better by telling me that’s totally normal for this stint in the pregnancy. 

Maternity Clothes: 
Still mixing and matching stuff from my normal wardrobe and my maternity one. I am really loving the warmer weather because it’s allowed me to break out my cotton skirts and dresses! 

Gender: 
Boy!

Movement: 
He’s still an active little turkey :) I love it when he pushes on my belly and makes it all lopsided. I laugh out loud every time. 

Sleep:  
Even with the time change this past weekend, sleep is still a very enjoyable part of my day.

What I miss: Cold deli meat, specifically turkey.

What I’m looking forward to: I cannot wait to smell, kiss and cuddle our baby boy! I’m also really looking forward to the small stuff…taking him with me to the grocery store, strolling him along on some of our favorite hiking trails, singing and reading out loud to him, washing his tiny clothes, and combing his (hopefully) head full of red hair! ;)

Cravings: 
 Roasted Garlic Hummus with raw veggies – I could eat the hummus right out of the container, but I figure some veggies thrown in the mix are probably a little healthier. I’m also still craving pancakes (of the banana variety with peanut butter on top), red grapes, grapefruit, grape tomatoes…there’s a definite “grape” theme going on here...

Aversions: none – they’re not lyin’ when they say that food never tasted better than when you’re pregnant. I treated myself to a Jr. Frosty from Wendy’s this weekend…mind blowing. 

Symptoms:
 Still feeling great!  

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat.  

Best Moment(s) This Week: 
Hearing William’s heartbeat again at the Doctor’s office on Monday – is there anything sweeter?!?

Not losing my breakfast after having to drink the yucky concoction on Monday during my glucose screening test (that stuff tastes like pure cough syrup).  

Lots of outdoor walks this weekend!

Weekly Wisdom: Feeling a remarkable peace about the “labor” part of this pregnancy that is coming up. Nathan and I have been reading our birthing book and practicing our techniques - he is going to be the best labor coach ever! He cheers me on, holds me accountable to do my pelvic rocks, and always offers an encouraging “you’re going to do great at this!” He’s also super excited to be such a big part of the labor process. All these things, combined with lots of praying and reassuring myself that I can indeed do this, are all giving me such peace and excitement about the end of this fun journey.*

*I’ll remind myself to go back and read this note during Stage 2 Labor ;)

Milestones: Baby has a place to sleep! Nathan spent Monday night putting together his little crib – baby mattresses are just so stinkin’ cute!

 

2 comments:

  1. You look awesome! Not at all like you are carrying a turkey. ;)

    And, I'm not looking forward to the glucose test. I'm going next week.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel