Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 24



How Far Along:  24 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the size of an ear of corn (or, the length of a 2-liter Dr. Pepper – this week’s “prop” goes out to my man!
). Little William is about 12 inches long!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I “weighed in” at another random scale last week, and it said I’ve gained 12 pounds so far. 

Maternity Clothes: 
Still getting away with a few of my regular tops, but I’m incorporating a few maternity ones in there too. Definitely wearing the maternity jeans and work pants!

Gender: 
Boy :) 

Movement:  
He’s still kicking and wiggling a lot – most of the strong movements are after I’ve eaten something, or when I’m lying down.       

Sleep:  
Sleep is still really good!

What I miss: Being able to paint my toenails and fingernails. I know I could probably buy some hypoallergenic nail polish for pregnant people, but I’m cheap.  

What I’m looking forward to: Assembling baby boy’s crib! We sold/got rid of some extra pieces of furniture from the guest bedroom, and did some furniture switcheroos this week. Now baby’s room is completely empty (minus the dresser) and Nathan’s assembling his crib soon. 

Cravings: 
Still my main contenders – red grapes and pancakes. I’m also loving hummus with carrots and celery these days.  

Aversions: none!

Symptoms:
 Other than the weird I-have-no-idea-why-I’m-crying-but-it-feels-good-to-let-it-out moment few hours I had on Sunday, I’m feeling wonderful!

Belly Button In or Out: Still flat.  

Best Moment This Week: 
Being productive and cleaning our guest bedroom out to make way for Nathan’s office furniture. I’m really excited about the layout of the space, and I think it’ll be a great room for the three of us to hang out while Nathan’s doing stuff on the computer, or while I’m wasting time on Pinterest (I kid. Sort of.)

We also got out on Saturday in the blustery wind to take a walk together. Although it was chilly, it was so nice to be outdoors!

And another great moment this week – receiving hip massages from my man, and then hearing him say, “I’m going to try to do this every night for you so that your hips won’t hurt so badly.” I flat out love that man.

Weekly Wisdom: I’ve been thinking a lot lately about our little guy and his development. Not just his physical development, but what God is already planning and mapping out for his life. This may sound silly, but I believe God is forming William’s little hands with someone else’s in mind - much like I feel God formed me and my man’s hands to fit perfectly together. This gets my mama heart all choked up if I think on it for too long, but isn’t it amazing that our Creator God doesn’t just make us and leave us? From the very beginning of our existence, He’s there – forming us, reforming us, teaching us, and guiding us. 

Milestones: Baby’s taste buds are developing this week!



4 comments:

  1. Okay, I had a little God "spell" just now reading this - thanking God for forming you and Nathan and bringing you together and forming Will and guiding him. He is already in my prayers constantly. I love him so much already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely glowing! You look so gorgeous and happy. I am so happy for you guys. =) Love the picture! I love hummus too - so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the baby described like a Dr. Pepper bottle:) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome! Love the Dr. Pepper, too! Seems so much longer than I'd imagine.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel