Saturday, February 18, 2012

Memory Verse Challenge - Verse 4

I'm still sticking with my theme of 'strength' and found this verse last week that I just loved. 


Note how it says that God has commanded us to be strong and courageous. This makes it seem non-optional, doesn't it? I also like how the words 'afraid' and 'discouraged' are both used...there are times when I'm just afraid, and times when I'm flat out discouraged. It's nice to know God never abandons us any of those times, or any time in between.


Have I not commanded you? 
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid;
Do not be discouraged,
for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
-Joshua 1:9


Have a wonderful, restful weekend friends!


1 comment:

  1. I love this verse. One of my professors shared this verse with me at graduation... how perfect of a verse it has been for me.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel