It's no secret around here we love Mexican food, but what we love even more is quick, easy, and delicious recipes that include ingredients we already have on hand. This one has all three of those qualities!
Try this next time you're in the mood to spice things up!
Lime Chicken Tacos - Taste of Home
- 2 small chicken breasts (or 1 really large chicken breast). You can throw the frozen ones right in!
- the juice of 3 limes
- 1 TBSP chili powder (we've used this recipe for Chili powder when ours has been out, and it's quite delicious!)
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1 c. of your favorite salsa
- Start by spraying your Crock Pot with nonstick cooking spray, or better yet - use one of those Reynolds Slow Cooker liners!
- Place your frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the Crock Pot
- Mix together your lime juice and chili powder, and pour evenly on top of your chicken breasts
- Let this cook on LOW for 4 1/2 to 5 hours in your Crock Pot (I flip my chicken halfway through to keep it from sticking)
- After the chicken is cooked, remove and shred with a fork. Place back into your Crock Pot.
- Pour in the corn and salsa (use a medium salsa if you wanna' kick it up a notch, or a mild if you wanna' keep it low key). Stir to combine.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes on LOW, or until everything is nice and heated through.
- Serve wrapped in a warm tortilla, or piled on top of chips with your favorite toppings!
(Don't judge my gobs and gobs of Sour Cream, mmkay?)