Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 23


How Far Along:  23 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the size of a large mango (or a sweet potato, if buying mangos at your local grocer is like highway robbery), a little over 11 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 10 pounds gained so far…according to the scale at work in the ladies restroom. 

Maternity Clothes: 
Still able to wear a few of my regular tops, and wearing all of my maternity pants. I also scored some really comfy cotton dresses from Old Navy last week for $10! 

Gender: 
Boy :) 

Movement:  
He has his “lazy” days just like his mom (grin), but he’s still very active. He loves showing off for Nathan when he’s around.      

Sleep:  
So good!

What I miss: Hot dogs – I could go for a big ole’ chili cheese dog right about now! Smothered in red onions, please. With hot sauce.

What I’m looking forward to: My mom found some baby boy clothes at Goodwill and there’s the cutesttiniest pair of baby khaki pants. I laugh out loud every time I pick them up. I can’t wait to see our little guy in them. There’s no doubt I’ll melt into a puddle on the floor. I still can’t believe I’m going to be in charge of something so small!

Cravings: 
Still the usual…oranges, pineapple, red grapes, salads with honey mustard, and pancakes.

Aversions: none…everything tastes so good right now.  

Symptoms:
 This week, I've been feeling like I have a very tight belly - like the full feeling you get after a large meal, but it's a constant all-day thing. This probably has something to do with all the stretching going on. 

Belly Button In or Out: I don’t think I have one any more…it’s completely disappeared. It’s flatter than flat.  

Best Moment This Week: 
Having a mad burst of energy on Saturday – I spent 3 hours deep cleaning our house and it felt sooo good to finally give our house a really good, deep clean.

Weekly Wisdom: Write stuff down. My memory is failing me so bad lately - I can't remember if I took my vitamins, where I put my leggings, where I sat my phone down last, or what I did yesterday.

Milestones: Sleeping all the way through the night now without having to empty my bladder! 




1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the sleep while you can. I got to the point about a month ago where I wake up every time I move. So not fair with the Man and dogs snoring away! Good to hear that everything is going so well. I went for my check up today and Baby Zack is breech!! Ugh! Last week he was right, this week not. He better figure it out, we only have five weeks to go! Just wait, little boys are so full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel